Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WA: Michelle Malkin - Have you seen these men?

Attention, John Does: Have you seen these men?
    Lead Story 8-21-07 (Two men wanted to answer for strange behavior aboard Washington State Ferries in the last couple weeks)

Photos of individuals at:
    http://michellemalkin.com/

[Poster note - I'm posting this story as an FYI for folks in WA primarily]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[Also, I'll include this highly related story below. It has photos embedded in the version posted on the web site, so, following the link to view the story is also recommended.]

FBI searching for two suspicious ferry passengers

10:29 PM PDT on Monday, August 20, 2007

By CHRIS INGALLS / KING 5 News

The FBI says the two men have been seen on several different runs in recent weeks.

SEATTLE – The FBI is asking for the public's help to identify two men who have been seen acting suspiciously aboard Washington State ferries recently.

The FBI released a bulletin late Monday, including photographs of the two men. One of the photos shows the men side-by-side and the other is a solo shot of one of them. They were snapped by a ferry employee who thought the pair acted suspiciously.

"They had more than the average interest in the working parts of the ferry, the layout of the ferry, the size of it -- more than you would see in normal passenger," said FBI spokesperson Robbie Burroughs.

The FBI says the men were seen on more then one ferry and more than one run over the past several weeks. They were also taking photos of parts of the boat, which the agents won't reveal, but that apparently aroused the suspicions of passengers and crew alike.

FBI

The FBI says the men had an unusual interest in the layout and workings of the ferries.

"We got several different reports of this, these same gentlemen," said Burroughs. "We've attempted through law enforcement means to identify and locate them and we've been unsuccessful."

So now, the FBI wants to hear from anyone who knows or has seen these men, and it wants passengers to keep an eye peeled.

"It makes me want to look out for these guys," said passenger Anne Marie Leon.

"If I see them, I'll talk to one of the guys on the ferry," said Donna Eldridge.

"That is something to be concerned about because they could be anybody," said William Wise.

Security has been high since a 2004 risk assessment in which the FBI logged scores of suspicious incidents on state ferries and labeled them a top potential maritime target. The FBI says these men are wanted for questioning only, not because they are linked to some plot.

"We have no information about any threat to the ferries or imminent threat. We believe it's safe to ride the ferries," said Burroughs.

The FBI says outside of the pictures, they have no description of the men and they're not guessing as to their nationality.

Anyone who knows the men or their whereabouts are asked to call the FBI at (206) 622-0460.

* Print this story
    * Add RSS Feeds
    * Email this story

Advertisement
    More Top Stories

Judge dismisses McMinnville school spanking case

Expansion joints all replaced on I-5, but rain delays paving

FBI searching for two suspicious ferry passengers

Lawyer: Vick to plead guilty to dogfighting charges

Sounder trains report record number of riders

Rioters burn toilets, attack deputies at Gorge concert
    More

* Print this story
    * Add RSS Feeds

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/ ... aa2a3.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)