Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thats a sad life to lead. Welfare is supposed to be only for temporary emergency situations, however, it has become a monster in this country.

The welfare reform was for cash assistance only, and it limited a person five years total to get assistance in his/her lifetime, this did not include food assistance and health coverage if it was applicable due to income.

I think personally, we need to completely cut out the cash assistance program altogether and never see its ugly face in our society again. It makes people lazy and they become dysfunctional burdens to our society.

This way, foodstamps are there for people who are working, but definitely do not make enough, to keep them from going hungry, but no cash.

And definitely NO ILLEGALS ON ANY OF IT!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The welfare reform was for cash assistance only, and it limited a person five years total to get assistance in his/her lifetime, this did not include food assistance and health coverage if it was applicable due to income.
    Yep, get rid of the cash assistance for sure, but even if they(illegals) were limited to 5 yrs. assistance, all they would have to do is bust out another stolen identity and begin to rape the system all over again in perpetuity. I was in court one day for a speeding ticket, but I went into the wrong courtroom. There was an older mexican guy there who spoke no enlglish, he had to have a translator and he had a number of charges against him. One of them was 46 counts of false identity with stolen social security cards. 46!!! I thought he was going to prison. He got 6 mo. probation. I still don't understand how that works and it makes me sick.

On Friday May 26, 2006, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle (D) vetoed a bill that would have required all applicants for state benefits to show documented proof of citizenship or legal immigration status. Currently, the state only needs to ask an applicant if they are in the country legally. A yes answer does not need to be verified.

I'll bet there are plenty of states with this same policy!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Isn't it interesting how the opposition likes to say the illegals cannot get ANY help?

The state of Oregon DHS said themselves, in The Oregonian, that they could not verify how many illegals got assistance because they did not ask if they were illegal!!! Meaning, they used the militaries don't ask don't tell policies.

Yes, there may be some who do not use it, but I believe it is less than those who do use it.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder what moron came up with that policy? It's the honor system to determine if they're here legally or not!

Maybe we should do that with other lawbreakers too. We'll just ask the rapist if he did it or not, and if he says no, we'll just let him go. We won't investigate, we'll just take his word for it. We'll treat the murderer, burglar, bankrobber, car thief, drug dealer all the same.

What the hell is wrong with these people that come up with those kind of policies!?!

. . . And of course you never hear about those things in the mainstream media.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

We have had to ask for help when my husband was out of work (don't let on I said it, he hates that), and let me tell you that they do not use the honor system with the citizens of this country, they want documentation for everything.

Here's and example. My husband cashed out his retirement to live on when he was out of a job, while he was looking for work, our funds began to deplete, so we turned to the state just to get help with food. The worker wanted receipts showing everything we had spent that retirement money on (it was under 3500 when we took it out, three months prior to that), we told her we'd show our rent receipts, light bill, etc... and his cost for public transportation, but we did not have receipts for all the groceries and household products we had previously bought.

This worker said unitl we could provide receipts for everything we had purchased with it, she would not allow our application to go through. I contacted a local advocacy group, and found out that not only was this money not considered income (it is considered a resource), but that we were not required to show documentation (they referred to this as excessive documentation) for every penny we used it on, according to them, we qualified the minute my husband was out of work, although we had not asked.

They contacted this office and called them on it, and the worker backed down. This is what they do to citizens. Do they do this to illegals? I could guess not, attempting to be politically correct, and not be accused of being racist.

I can say from firsthand experience they have expectations of citizens which is not the honor system, about anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12