Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can you guys suggest an investment firm which doesn't
    cater to illegals?

Was this article just printed in the Nov. 15 Charlotte Observer or was this from Aug. 28th??

Having worked in the banking industry I have seen the problems.

Back in 2002-2003? the U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow had to issue a decision as to whether the Mexican ID card (matricular consular) would be allowed to be used by banks to open accounts. There was a couple month period time where he took comments from the public. Well even Telemundo TV was televising a call in number, oh I'm sure they had a Spanish receiving line. Well certainly being of the Bush Administartion Snow declared it acceptable as up to a particular banks own discretion or at their own risk.

At the time I was also blasting First Data Corp. out in Colorado and they did blatant actions such as holding forums for "the hispanic comunity" as to how to live or survive when first arriving to Denver.

I take a training course on the applications of the Patriot Act to the financial industry and in that course the Patriot Act states,"although the FBI and Homeland Security Dept. have critisized the validity and security of 'cedular or matricular cards' from several Latin American countries it is the banks own discretion as to allow these and should apply the 'know your customer' rules to these accounts. I have an article with Tom Ridge stating that these cards are very suspect, very counterfeitable and could allow terrorist access. Several incidents occurred where an illegal Alien was caught with several of these ID Cards in different names.

The Bank that is listed here as the first 'Latino Bank' - Banco de La Gente run by Peoples Bank I complained about to the North Carolina Bankers Association (NCBA - another Banker group that toes the line on illegal Aliens) and brought it before Congressman Patrick McHenry who at the time was/is on the Financial Services Committee in Congress which affects Charlotte. Congresswoman Sue Myrick also heard it too.

I have the article from the NCBA magazine that speaks to Banco de La Gente. The bank offers to get customers (most likely illegal Aliens) ITIN#'s (tax ID numbers that take the place of Social Security #'s). The Feds of course hand these numbers out like candy to illegal Aliens who should not be getting them --- only legitimate foreign workers in our country should have these in order to pay taxes for the time spent working in the U.S.

As other anti-illegal immigration groups have protested in front of Banks, this would be a prime street protest target and would bring bad attention upon Peoples Bank and what is going on. I would be glad to get a number of us to make that effort. I was going to go down to Charlotte and actually go in one of these banks and see if they would wait on me or open an account for an English-speaker.

While Wachovia of course has gotten bad at "courting hispanic customers". Bank of America is especially bad here for NC. Looking at BOFA job openings, I saw teller positions stating that the applicant HAD to be bilingual or don't apply.

The connections here in NC with this issue are in a circle consisting of Bank of America, the Charlotte Observer, The Latin American Coalition and the Democrat Majority in the State Legislature. If you go to the Latin American Coalition's web site and click on 'Meet the Board' you will see listed a person from BOFA, a person from the Charlotte Observer and from other companies in Charlotte.

Recently we saw posted on ALIPAC that the Federal Reserve controlling all banks is working ways to compliment the SPP coming from President Bush. One way or another they are darned determined to get money into the hands of illegal Aliens or down into mexico -- they see it as their good deed, that keeps mexico afloat disregarding the invader workers thieving the United States. But really it is about getting credit into the hands of more humans so that products can be sold -- ending in more filthy greed for their rich thrones of golden desire.

I say, if the millionaires and billionaires are so philanthropically concerned about the well being of illegal Aliens then they are the ones who have the money to go down to mexico and develop it and even profit from it--RATHER than having this being done at Americans expense and the destruction of the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    cater to illegals?
    Someone was researching this here at one time but it seemed to have died away. Probably got discouraging. Perhaps someone else can explain what happened.

I think all banks are catering to illegals. But some are worse than others I think. My bank, Bank of America, was the main sponsor of the La Raza convention last summer. I read that and decided to change banks. Still haven't but we're leaning toward a credit union someone suggested. I think most banks suck! Banks control about everything now.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Alipac has a BANKING FORUM

please check it out

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bank of America is another offender. Don't bank with them either!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    cater to illegals?
    I think that it is safe to say that all the big name financial institutions want a piece of the pie. They are concerned about making their quotas so they can keep their jobs and put food on the table for their families. Even if something shocking came up, they would turn the other way to avoid bad publicity and to protect the assets of their stockholders. If you can find a mom and pop operation still in existence, try that. Most companies don't care if you leave because there will be thousands of more customers coming into the country.

Is there a bank out there somewhere that has the intestinal fortitude to
    say "No" to illegals. I know that banks aren't required to ask for
    legal status, and that's their excuse for aiding lawbreakers.
    I think if a bank would take a stand for Americans, they would get a
    lot of new customers!

I would like to think that they would get more customers too, but honestly, most people go where they get the best deals, especially on CDs and loan rates. A lot of people say that they won't use a bank that does business with illegals, but if they can save $100 a month on their mortgage payment, many will do so. There are banks out there that don't cater to illegals, they are the last of the "mom and pop" banks. eventually they will get bought out and that will be the end. The most important thing that we can do is to vote for the right politician. Until that changes, I don't think anything else will either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12