Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    If they're saying this to scare the American people, here's one American it's not working on. Bring it on!
    Make that two Americans!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(The Social Security Administration's database is riddled with errors )

So fix the errors and get on with it. The sooner the better.

I myself think they will be doing all American citizens a favor, because it will clean up the system and if a citizen has a problem they will have time to get it fixed. Problem meaning..... an illegal using your number or a mistake in information!

I fixed a problem with mine in 15 minutes!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

What dose this bonehead want? Amnesty to all? I think not!

We will weather this storm. And yes it may even hurt at times. But I for one could do without McDonalds until they agree to pay our High School, and College students a real wage, or senior citizens with healthcare benefits. (gee! That would fix two problems, how un-business like!).

Tell Corporate America the everyday dose not have to be monster profits, and that being a good citizen will pay off in the long run. (I know this goes be on McDonalds, I am just using them because they are current news)

Chaos? The only chaos there will be will come from Corporate America trying a maintain 50% profit margins where in reality 20% is all that’s fare! They also forget that the pubic could also be a stockholder.

Don’t get me wrong I am a capitalist, and believe the free market is the way to go. But when that so-called free marketplace gets so greedy that they would destroy their country just to keep high profits, something needs to be done. And that’s not looking for cheap labor!

Come on Corporate America; show some civic pride! Try giving back to the country that made it possible for you to exist in the first place!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

So what if there are errors in the database. An American citizen and LEGAL IMMIGRANT could clear up any paperwork problems easily within 90 days.

If not way less than 90 days. In 1996 my husbands employer transposed one of the numbers of his SS. When it was discovered, after we had filed our taxes for that year, it took the IRS less than 2 weeks to staighten it out!

This is SUCH B.S.

The effect on employers in the agriculture, meatpacking, construction and hospitality industries could be devastating.
    Oh, and it isn't devastating for the U.S. citizens who have their identities stolen in order to fatten the wallets of these cheap, illegal hiring employers? Just once I would love to see the WP detail the trials and tribulations these folks face.

"CHAOS" ?? To pickup on what Sosad said, what about the chaos to our public schools, hospitals, prisons etc., many of which are failing or in crisis because of the onslaught of illegal aliens!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    (The Social Security Administration's database is riddled with errors )

So fix the errors and get on with it. The sooner the better.
    Duh! Doesn't it make sense to clear up any errors we uncover during the process? Or do they usually wait for you to file for Social Security before they make corrections. As far as chaos if illegals leave, it would be a growing pain for us, but it would also reset the market. That means although SOME employers would have to offer higher pay, and as a result have to raise prices, ALL Americans would see lower taxes and insurance rates, and we would be more assured that this nation lives on. Some things are more important than money...

There are 98 comments on this article. Below is a sample.

emainland wrote:
    Fred Hiatt's team writes: "Launching an attack on millions of hardworking people already in the labor force is foolish in the extreme." Mr. Hiatt, what do you think the Bush regime is all about? What do you think has been happening in BushWorld for the past six years?

10/4/2007 7:50:37 PM
    Recommend (1) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

gilbertbp wrote:
    Wow, what a load of nonsense from biswashira: "Children of the old arrivals forget how their parents and grand parents, and forefathers came into this country."

I submit the the vast majority of them didn't sneak in. Are you privy to information the rest of us aren't, biswashira?

"Let's call the new arrivals as newarrivals or undocumented workers. Let's not use any dehumanizing terms and call them illegals."

How about calling them criminals? Nothing dehumanizing about that (neither your cat, your car, nor your azaleas can be criminals) and it has the further advantage of being true. "Illegals" is simply shorthand for "illegal aliens" which is itself shorthand for "aliens illegally in the U.S." Nothing dehumanizing about that either. It is utterly accurate.

"In the old days, government took initiative to document the undocumented. Now, our government of the people use federal and state powers to round up these aspiring new arrivals and box them on the other side of the electronic and concrete walls."

What nonsense. The government has always had the power to turn away prospective immigrants - and has always done so. We The People of the United States have the right to say who gets to live in our country and who does not. And yet, we still admit more legal immigrants than any other country. Do you propose we simply do away with our borders?

Nonsense on stilts.
    10/4/2007 7:29:00 PM
    Recommend (0) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

biswashira wrote:
    Children of the old arrivals forget how their parents and grand parents, and forefathers came into this country. Let's call the new arrivals as newarrivals or undocumented workers. Let's not use any dehumanizing terms and call them illegals. In the old days, government took initiative to document the undocumented. Now, our government of the people use federal and state powers to round up these aspiring new arrivals and box them on the other side of the electronic and concrete walls. Is this progress? Have we learned from our history?
    10/4/2007 7:11:34 PM
    Recommend (0) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

eaanders wrote:
    "No wonder it has succeeded in uniting labor, business and civil rights groups in opposition to it."

You forgot the press! But, what counts is that the majority of the people in the country are behind it. It is long overdue and DHS is not doing it in a heavy handed way. They are taking basic measures, insuring the identity of workers, and directing their aggressive enforcement actions primarily at illegal immigrants that have broken laws in addition to being in the country illegally. Most of the problems occurring are due to the fact that the laws haven't been enforced since the last immigration law passed in 1886. It will take consistent enforcement over an equivalent number of years to correct the problem with the resources available to DHS. The litigation blizzard and agitation by interest groups and the press will only prolong the time it will takes to correct the problem.

The fact that the SS administration database is riddled with errors is not a good reason for abandoning the enforcement effort. It's an opportunity to improve the integrity of the database. People who are legally in the country will be given every opportunity to get their information corrected, if the press and the lawyers will get off the backs of DHS and SSA.
    10/4/2007 7:05:57 PM
    Recommend (1) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

USPatriot1 wrote:
    My ID has been stolen and at least 4 people are using it.They have even opened credit card accounts in my name but WaPo seems to think citizens are the only ones who must abide by the laws and NOT poor hard working CRIMINAL Aliens.

I want them to check SS numbers at job sites and I hope the thieves are caught and suffer the way I have suffered trying to get my identity back !

90 days is ample time to clear up any mistakes in someones documentation.WaPo seems to think making sure Big Business has a cheap workforce is more important then the safety & security of US citizens.

I got news for you WaPo Citizens who have their ID's stolen are already in Chaos !!!!!!!!
    10/4/2007 5:54:25 PM
    Recommend (2) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

rajens00 wrote:
    To jontorrance who wrote:
    “Of course, according to Wikipedia, Mexico is ranked 54th in nominal GDP per capita, with the number being about 20% of GDP per capita in the United States. Stating that Mexico is a middle income country would have been tolerably accurate. Stating, as you did, that it is a rich country, was wildly inaccurate.
    BTW, Mexico ranks even lower than 54th on the IMF and CIA lists of GDP per capita based on purchasing power parity also available on Wikipedia 63rd and 66th respectively.â€

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    The Social Security Administration's database is riddled with errors..
    Our government is riddled with organized crime--the Council on Foriegn Relations, the US Chamber of Commerce and the 'Federal Reserve' along with our elected officials who have been bought off by them. That's what I call organized crime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The government has a right to enforce laws.
    Oh, thank you, gods of Columbia School of Journalism at The Washington
    Post for granting us permission to enforce our laws.

[/quote]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast