Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Waste of a day...

[/b]Immigrant Action Day Unites Oregon Latinos

January 21, 2011

"SALEM, Ore. - The ability to get a driver's license or get health care for a child are things most Oregonians take for granted. But for undocumented immigrants, they are barriers to success and eventual citizenship. At Saturday's Immigrant Action Day, the Latino community will outline its plans to seek legislation to restore drivers' license access for all Oregonians.

Aeryca Steinbauer with CAUSA, the immigrant rights coalition, says the current state law was designed to keep undocumented immigrants from driving.

"We are going to be working to make sure that all Oregon drivers can be licensed and insured, regardless of their ability to prove legal status. We believe that's a key issue of public safety and economic prosperity for our state."

Those who disagree say licensing undocumented people poses a security risk by allowing them an official form of identification. However, CAUSA says studies show that licensing all drivers prevents accidents because they are tested and registered and must be insured. CAUSA estimates more than 120,000 undocumented immigrants live in Oregon.

At this year's event, Latinos also will reach out to the gay and lesbian members of their community. And they want the state to make good on its promise to "cover all kids" with health care, by extending the Oregon Healthy Kids program to children of immigrant families.

Steinbauer says they're counting on state lawmakers to help.

"There are absolutely supporters and champions on both issues, of health equity for the Latino community and drivers license access - and we're grateful for all the support we've gotten so far."

Immigrant Action Day is a way to build community and get organized for the new state legislative session, she adds. The event takes place Saturday at Chemeketa Community College, 4000 Lancaster Dr., N.E., Salem, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
    Chris Thomas, Public News Service - OR"

Can we establish a statewide Oregon Illegal Round-Up Day also? They call themselves Oregans because they live their illegally.... as always never understand the lawless.

So they want to fight for all OREGONIANS to get licenses? Well then they have nothing to worry about since illegal aliens ARE NOT OREGONIANS!!!!!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

I live out in the rurals of Oregon, HOWEVER we have been invaded and nearly overwhelmed out here.

I remember clearly back in Aug of 08 right when the new law for drivers licenses was about two weeks old I had to go to the local dmv to get a renewal.

What a pleasure it was going there that day!!!

I tell ya there were no spanish babbling children running around screaming, crying and tearing stuff up.

In fact I heard not a single word of spanish that visit.

I was in and out in a record fifteen minutes!!! That's fifteen minutes from the moment I walked in the door till I walked out with a brand new current license...................

The biggest thing I remember that day? All the clerks I dealt with were smiling and laughing and joking.

What a difference from the miserable 1/2 day I spent there the time before that visit!!!!!!
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    So they want to fight for all OREGONIANS to get licenses? Well then they have nothing to worry about since illegal aliens ARE NOT OREGONIANS!!!!!
    EXACTLY
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

Aeryca Steinbauer with CAUSA, the immigrant rights coalition, says the current state law was designed to keep undocumented immigrants from driving.

"We are going to be working to make sure that all Oregon drivers can be licensed and insured, regardless of their ability to prove legal status. We believe that's a key issue of public safety and economic prosperity for our state."
    This garbage has gone on long enough in this country. These enablers have become much too comfortable with their attempts to aid and abet those who do not recognize United States Sovereignty. A law needs to be passed to make it a crime to openly assist and or advocate for those who are in this country illegally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)