Like Tree9Likes

Thread: WATCH: Texas Lawn Company Gets ‘Death Threats’ for Slogan Promoting Legal Workers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WATCH: Texas Lawn Company Gets ‘Death Threats’ for Slogan Promoting Legal Workers

WATCH: Texas Lawn Company Gets ‘Death Threats’ for Slogan Promoting Legal Workers

Photo: CBSDFW Video Screenshot23 Jul 2018915A Carrollton, Texas, business owner is reportedly receiving death threats after business cards surfaced that promote a legally operated lawn-care service. At least one person expressed concern about a “Your Alternative to Illegal Lawn Services” slogan.

Mowmasters owner Jeff Hinkle said he never passed out the cards that are now stirring controversy in the North Texas community. He did not appear to know how the “sample” business card from three years ago got into the public’s eye, CBS DFW CBS11 reported.

The “controversial” cards bear the slogan, “Your Alternative to Illegal Lawn Services.” The card also proclaims, “Taking back Carrollton — One lawn at a time.”

The local CBS affiliate spoke with Fonzie Guzman who appeared to be offended by the card promoting a legally run business.

“I was upset at first, but once I broke it down, I thought, I feel bad for this guy,” Guzman told the reporter.

In addition to the slogans, the card says that Hinkle’s MowMasters.com lawn service uses “high business standards.” It says he follows tax law and has the best credentials, ethics, ratings, and reviews. He claims his employees are crime and drug free.

Hinkle declined to be interviewed the the Dallas-area news outlet but issued a statement that said:

“Many card samples were made up to determine which wording would be used to let customers know there are legitimate, honest, tax paying lawn services with excellent credentials and verifiable backgrounds.”
    The news outlet said the business card is not the company’s only use of the slogan. The report shows a photograph taken of one of Hinkle’s work trailers bearing a sign with the same message.

Hinkle told the reporter that he has received death threats and is concerned about his family’s safety since publicity over the cards came out. He said that someone must have found the old sample card “which was never meant to be handed out.”

Reporter Yona Gavino tweeted out a photo of Hinkle’s current business card.

Yona Gavino

@YonaGavinoCBS11

This is the front and back of the new business card, with a more patriotic tone @CBSDFW

6:11 PM - Jul 20, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

As for the offended party, Guzman said he appreciates the change.

“I don’t wish bad upon him, but at the same time, be careful how you promote your business. I hope his business grows, but doing it the right way. Not shaming other peoples’ businesses or their background,” Guzman concluded.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    I don’t wish bad upon him, but at the same time, be careful how you promote your business. I hope his business grows, but doing it the right way. Not shaming other peoples’ businesses or their background,” Guzman concluded.
    Huh? They deserved to be slammed if they're hiring illegal alien labor!

It would have been nice if Hinkle would have stood by his card instead of cowering into a corner and making excuses. That's one of the problems our country is experiencing now, folks not standing up for what they know is right because they are afraid of being labeled a racist or whatever.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope this gets out on FB and this guy's business BOOMS and the phone rings off the hook for more business
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

One news cast I watched claimed they stopped where they saw this comany's truck and spoke to a group of lawn workers, two of which said they were Mexicans.

Perhaps Jeff Hinkle orginally considered hiring American workers and marketing that as a way to stop his business from being destroyed by illegal immigration like so many others, but then decided to join the bad guys to stay in business???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    One news cast I watched claimed they stopped where they saw this comany's truck and spoke to a group of lawn workers, two of which said they were Mexicans.

Perhaps Jeff Hinkle orginally considered hiring American workers and marketing that as a way to stop his business from being destroyed by illegal immigration like so many others, but then decided to join the bad guys to stay in business???
    Maybe. Some folks will do what they have to in order to take care of their family. It's hard to compete when ever one around you is breaking the rules. That's not an excuse for Hinkle if he is hiring illegals, just an unfortunate dose of reality.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn