Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WAUKEGAN ILLINOIS GOING FOR 287g PROGRAM!!!

YES YES!!! WONDERFUL NEWS FOR WAUKEGAN!! FINALLY!!!

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article

Waukegan seeks ICE certification

May 30, 2007
    BY CRAIG PETERSON Special to the News-Sun

WAUKEGAN -- Although federal courts have hampered local municipalities in implementing immigration laws, "Waukegan is not standing still," according to Mayor Richard Hyde.

The city is engaged in efforts to become certified in enforcing federal immigration laws through Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, Deputy Police Chief Dan Greathouse said.

Through the 287(g) voluntary program, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement offers state and local law enforcement training and authorization to identify and detain immigration offenders encountered during normal law enforcement activities.

Waukegan has been working with 287(g) program management, Greathouse said, but since the law was created primarily for border states like California, Arizona and Texas, at present certification has been limited to 20 municipalities in those states.

Another major hurdle in certification is allocating holding and detention space for suspects, Greathouse said. Federal standards require more incarceration space for arrestees and detainees, he noted.

"We don't have the room to house people after we arrest them," Greathouse said.

Although Waukegan is not certified with 287(g) authority, Greathouse said the department still uses ICE resources and databases in identifying criminal immigrants and deporting them.

"The number of people Waukegan has deported is staggering," Hyde said, although he did not provide a specific figure.

Police Chief Bill Biang said the number of deportations Waukegan has made are available, because many arrestees are incarcerated in the Lake County Jail well in advance of being deported.

In deporting immigrants deemed to be a flight risk, repeat offender or a threat to local or national security, Biang said his department draws no distinction in whether immigrants are here illegally or legally.

Waukegan will be at the head of the line when federal ICE authorities begin certifying law enforcement agencies in non-border states, he said.
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

OHHHH MYYYY GOSSSHHHHHH.

How did this sneak up? I was going to email them this week to ask again. Let's keep an eye on this bless usa.

Only recently they said no. I wonder if losing yet another lawsuit -$2.03 million- has prompted Waukegan to finally act. We are a de facto sanctuary city.

Stay tuned folks. We're having an immigration conference in July.

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp ... hichpage=3

5/21/07 -look at the fourth post town where the city passed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey Fedup!! I'm walking around with a HUGE smile on my face today!! I just feel like going outside and saying 'have a nice day' to everyone I meet, (legal AND illegal)!!!

I'm thinking you are as happy as I am!! Thanks to you and Danno for pushing to make Waukegan a better place to live. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel here!!!

Excellent!!! I hope this catches on.

This is great news fedupinwaukegan!

I'm glad to see their seeing the light and want to stop the anarchy!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Emailed City Officials today

I emailed the city officials today and received an email back requesting that I not send to one Dan Bennett.

Remember to read from the bottom up. And feel free to copy these email addresses and urge these officials to follow through with existing laws!

See email below:

Date: Jun 28, 2007 10:42 AM
    Subject: Re: NO MORE ILLEGAL Immigration

To: Bennett Dan <bennettd@waukeganpd.net>
    Cc: sharon.barnes@ci.waukegan.il.us, wbiang@waukeganpd.net, Patrick.Gallagher@waukeganfire.com, roger.harrison@ci.waukegan.il.us, jafig8645@hotmail.com, edithnewsome@aol.com, pat.dutcher@ci.waukegan.il.us , richard.hyde@ci.waukegan.il.us, john.jurkovac@ci.waukegan.il.us, john.moore@ci.waukegan.il.us, david.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us, jeff.musinski@ci.waukegan.il.us, ezell.robins@ci.waukegan.il.us, don.schultz@ci.waukegan.il.us, larry.schutz@ci.waukegan.il.us, katherine.schwarz@ci.waukegan.il.us, russ.tomlin@ci.waukegan.il.us, ray.vukovich@ci.waukegan.il.us, wendy.beshel@ci.waukegan.il.us, carmen.santiago@ci.waukegan.il.us, biddy.johnston@ci.waukegan.il.us, BennettD@waukeganpd.net, mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us, wayne.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us, aldermancunningham@sbcgloobal.net, john.balen@ci.waukegan.il.us, moisio3rdward@sbcglobal.net, tenpas6@yahoo.com, pneedham@iconnect.net, rick.larsen@ci.waukegan.il.us, riverafriends@yahoo.com

Really, who appointed you to your position? It would seem you don't have much common sense.

On 6/28/07, Bennett Dan <bennettd@waukeganpd.net> wrote:

Your message has been received and deleted.
    Have a god day.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:32 AM
    To: Bennett Dan
    Cc: sharon.barnes@ci.waukegan.il.us; Biang Bill; Patrick.Gallagher@waukeganfire.com; Roger Harrison; jafig8645@hotmail.com; edithnewsome@aol.com; pat.dutcher@ci.waukegan.il.us; richard.hyde@ci.waukegan.il.us; john.jurkovac@ci.waukegan.il.us; john.moore@ci.waukegan.il.us; david.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us; jeff.musinski@ci.waukegan.il.us; ezell.robins@ci.waukegan.il.us; don.schultz@ci.waukegan.il.us; larry.schutz@ci.waukegan.il.us; Katherine Schwarz; russ.tomlin@ci.waukegan.il.us; ray.vukovich@ci.waukegan.il.us; wendy.beshel@ci.waukegan.il.us; carmen.santiago@ci.waukegan.il.us; biddy.johnston@ci.waukegan.il.us; Bennett Dan; mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us; wayne.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us; aldermancunningham@sbcgloobal.net; john.balen@ci.waukegan.il.us; moisio3rdward@sbcglobal.net; tenpas6@yahoo.com; pneedham@iconnect.net; rick.larsen@ci.waukegan.il.us; riverafriends@yahoo.com
    Subject: Re: NO MORE ILLEGAL Immigration

Dear Mr. Bennett,

Your email is for public use, as you are a public figure and I feel that your involvement in Telecommunications for the city of Waukegan, you need to be aware of LEGAL citizens' views.
    http://www.waukeganweb.net/departmentalemail.html
    If you do not feel you need to recieve emails such as mine, perhaps you should resign from your PUBLIC SERVANT position.

It might behoove you to simply not respond to emails such as mine, as I know that you will be receiving quite a few in the next few days.

Sincerely,

Erin
    Round Lake, IL

On 6/28/07, Bennett Dan <bennettd@waukeganpd.net > wrote:
    Ms. F,
    While I strongly agree with the rights of citizens to voice their opinions, I would request that you remove my e-mail address from your address book for future mass mailings.

Respectfully,
    Danny Bennett

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:44 AM
    To: sharon.barnes@ci.waukegan.il.us ; Biang Bill; Patrick.Gallagher@waukeganfire.com; Roger Harrison; jafig8645@hotmail.com; edithnewsome@aol.com; pat.dutcher@ci.waukegan.il.us; richard.hyde@ci.waukegan.il.us; john.jurkovac@ci.waukegan.il.us; john.moore@ci.waukegan.il.us; david.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us; jeff.musinski@ci.waukegan.il.us; ezell.robins@ci.waukegan.il.us; don.schultz@ci.waukegan.il.us; larry.schutz@ci.waukegan.il.us; Katherine Schwarz; russ.tomlin@ci.waukegan.il.us; ray.vukovich@ci.waukegan.il.us; wendy.beshel@ci.waukegan.il.us; carmen.santiago@ci.waukegan.il.us; biddy.johnston@ci.waukegan.il.us; Bennett Dan; mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us; wayne.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us; aldermancunningham@sbcgloobal.net; john.balen@ci.waukegan.il.us; moisio3rdward@sbcglobal.net; tenpas6@yahoo.com; pneedham@iconnect.net; rick.larsen@ci.waukegan.il.us; riverafriends@yahoo.com
    Subject: NO MORE ILLEGAL Immigration

Dear City Officials of the City of Waukegan,

I am a concerned citizen who lives in Round Lake, IL. I have lived there for about 2 years now, and the vast amount of change since that time is staggering. I see new ILLEGAL immigrants here everyday, and it's about time some city officials do something about it!

PLEASE go through with this mandate. Enforce the laws that are already on the books so that Congress and the Senate do not spend millions of American taxpayer dollars for reform on a system that has failed the LEGAL citizens of America.

Please also keep in mind that ILLEGAL immigrants are FELONS the minute they step foot across the US border! If they are commiting another crime, DEPORT THEM IMMEDIATELY!

ILLEGAL immigrants are a drain on our society and I am sick of officials shrugging their shoulders over it.

PLEASE SEE THIS THROUGH, and enforce other laws that fight ILLEGAL immigration. It is my hope that if a nearby village, city or town blazes the trail, other surrounding city officials will follow.

Please, let's not allow this silent invasion anymore.

Sincerely,

Erin
    Round Lake, IL

Way to go Erin. I don't know who this Mr. Bennet is but sure don't like his attitude.

Keep fighting for Waukegan and spread the word. As word is this may be considered by Zion and other nearby towns. Talk to your council and mayor about applying as well.

Are you coming to the Immigration Conference July 14th in Grayslake? William Gheen/alipac will be there to speak.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140

I did NOT know about this Conference! My boyfriend and I will be there for sure!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Congrats to you all in Waukegan!
    Another example of people just trying to help enforce our current immigration laws!
    Are you listening DC???
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ErinJoy
    I did NOT know about this Conference! My boyfriend and I will be there for sure!!!

Thanks for the heads up!
    Welcome ErinJoy!! Thank you for sharing your letters with us. Hmmm I think Bennett needs more e-mails...

You didn't know about this conference? Please spread the word to everyone you know!! I hate to say it, but ticket sales are real slow. Just last night, the illegals had a meeting at one of our churches...news states over 5000 showed up!! We have 400 tickets to sellout this conference, and not doing as well as I wished.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get people interested in attending this awesome conference, please let me know!!

Check out the flyer, and order tickets at www.acitizensvoice.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast