Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Waukegan: Witness arrested for fake ID; outraging family sob

How has this all come about?! Yes, a crime was comitted against her husband. However, she was caught committing a crime as well -and the family is outraged over this?! Only in America!!!

Shooting witness arrested for fake ID
    Attack on husband still under investigation

August 9, 2007
    By RYAN PAGELOW rpagelow@scn1.com

After witnessing her husband being shot in the driveway of her Waukegan home last Friday, Josefina Blas, 33, called police. During the investigation of the shooting, which is still under way, police searched the home and arrested Blas for having a fraudulent identification card, outraging family members.

It taps into the fears of undocumented immigrants that if they contact police about a crime, they themselves may be charged for crimes associated with living in this country unlawfully.

"They asked for her legal status," said Lorena Gonzalez, Blas's sister-in-law. "They said, 'We're going to call immigration. Where is your license? Where are your documents?'"

However, no immigration charges were filed against Blas, and police did not contact Immigration Customs and Enforcement, said Cmdr. Wayne Walles of the Waukegan Police Department.

Blas is originally from Guerrero, Mexico. She used someone else's Social Security Number to obtain work as a housekeeper a few months ago.

Police arrested Blas and she was charged with identity theft and unlawful possession of fraudulent identification, Walles said.

The police department investigates all crimes reported directly to the police as well as crimes uncovered during the course of investigations.

"Our main concern is finding out who is responsible for this shooting crime," he said. "While identity theft is an important and serious crime, our emphasis remains on finding out who is responsible for the shooting in this incident."

Francisco Villanueva, 37, was shot at approximately 6:20 a.m. on Aug. 3 on the 300 block of N. Martin Ave. He was sitting in his vehicle in his driveway when an unknown male subject approached the open driver's door and fired two shots into the vehicle, striking the victim in the left hand and left thigh, according to Walles.

The offender then fled to a vehicle which was parked south of the driveway and fled southbound.

Villanueva is currently at Vista East Medical Center and lost two of his fingers, Gonzalez said. He has three children. The youngest, a two-year-old girl, also witnessed the shooting from the window of their home.

The police are still investigating this shooting. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact (847) 599-2947.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... 4,5_1_WA09
    _SHOOTING_S1.article[/img][/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you think the person whose identity she was using feels sympathy for her?
    Do they notify the person when they find their identity has being used illegally?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She should be deported now along with her husband with no chance what so ever to return. This is a federal criime. We don't give citizenship to people have comitted a felony.
    But then of course they are going to have build that fence and make it even bigger to enforce this.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

But then of course they are going to have build that fence and make it even bigger to enforce this.

Yes, we need a fence, but we need tougher interior enforcement. Everyone, I mean everyone, who employs an illegal should be charged with that and with not paying payroll taxes, etc.

If everyone who feels so special because they now have a maid, knew they were going to get hit with a fine and a conviction, this woman wouldn't have a job and someone's identity would be safe.

If the husband's employer had known the same thing, her husband wouldn't have a job. They would both be back across the border.

Yes, we need a fence, but a fence is years away, as are newly hired and trained BP agents. Unless we do something now to dry up the jobs, there will be millions more here before the fence is built.

It will give them more time to have more and more anchor babies.

It will give them more time to vote illegally and put 'their' people in office.

It will give them more and more time to take our jobs andn more time for their anchor babies, educated at taxpayer's expense, to take your children's jobs.

It will give our government more time to issue green cards and give citizenship, and pass leglislation piecemeal behind our backs.

Time is our enemy - the employers are our enemies -

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Do they notify the person when they find their identity has being used illegally?
    I agree. These illegals commit ID fraud. Whatever happens to them? How many are ever prosecuted for this crime?

Now if I, an Taxpaying American Citizen, stole someone's identity and commited document fraud, what do you think would happen to me? I know I would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I agree. These illegals commit ID fraud. Whatever happens to them? How many are ever prosecuted for this crime?

Now if I, an Taxpaying American Citizen, stole someone's identity and commited document fraud, what do you think would happen to me? I know I would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    They'd put us 'under the jail'.