Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

We should help native-born students

We should help native-born students

last updated: September 13, 2007 05:01:29 AM

I was appalled that California is appropriating millions for Latino students to attend the University of California at Merced. No other country would do something like that.

An Aug. 6 article ("Big bucks for books," Page B-1) stated that many students are struggling to buy books and working two jobs to attend college. Why isn't the government giving money to poor students native to the United States? The law says that if you're here illegally, you are not an immigrant. One doesn't see illegal immigrants from Greece or Ireland, or illegal Assyrians crying all the time.

In Mexico, immigration laws state no special bilingual programs in the schools. There are no special ballots, and government business is conducted in Spanish. Foreigners do not have the right to vote, no matter how long they live there. There is no welfare, food stamps, free health care or government assistance for foreigners. They may not protest or fly the U.S. flag. If you do, you will be sent back to the States. If you enter Mexico illegally, you'll be hunted down and sent to jail.

If Mexicans want to work here, have a guest worker program -- let them work six months and go home.

J.J. YOHANNAN

Turlock

http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/66817.html

Re: We should help native-born students

Quote Originally Posted by controlledImmigration
    [In Mexico, immigration laws state no special bilingual programs in the schools. There are no special ballots, and government business is conducted in Spanish. Foreigners do not have the right to vote, no matter how long they live there. There is no welfare, food stamps, free health care or government assistance for foreigners. They may not protest or fly the U.S. flag. If you do, you will be sent back to the States. If you enter Mexico illegally, you'll be hunted down and sent to jail.
    This is a prime example of Mexico's hypocrisy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so Mexico should not complain when we enact the same laws against themselves.

I agree with you. Native born students should not be edged out of a good education by Illegals or anyone else from other countries. When is our government going to learn that we have to take care of our own before we can take care of anyone else?
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

In Miami Dade College takes illegals in and they pay out of state tuition. I know someone whose father was a legal resident told she would have to pay international student fees. I have spoken to another group about illegal immigration regarding this and he told me that this goes on in many states. A group called FAIR had a senator from one of the northeast states attempt bringing this problem up in the White House.
    The scariest part is that the illegals who get these degrees then go on to work illegally. Not only do they prevent Americans from getting an education but also a job.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)