Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wells Fargo---Loans to Illegals!

Here is something interesting that I ran across:

http://www.embargowellsfargo.com/

If you bank with Wells Fargo, you should take your business elsewhere because they have done more than any other bank to help illegal immigrants get banking services, including loans for houses!

“Wells Fargo is the first major California lender to offer home loans to illegal immigrants”

"…we won't question your legal status”

John Murillo, Wells Fargo vice president at a Spanish-language news conference Wells Fargo has opened over 525,000 accounts for illegal aliens

"Wells Fargo is opening 700 new accounts every day for illegal aliens"

I left Wells Fargo once I became aware of these facts. I moved to Bank of America because one of their loan officers told me that all customers must provide a social security number.

Citibank also gives home loans to illegal immigrants. We’ve got to reward the banks that don’t pursue the business of illegal immigrants.

Don’t support banks that profit from illegal immigrants---Embargo Wells Fargo!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

MW
    I moved to Bank of America because one of their loan officers told me that all customers must provide a social security number.
    Yeah, too bad they don't verify the numbers. Bank of America is pro-illegal immigrant. Heck, most banks are. Check this out:

Local banks tap illegal immigrant market
    If the money's green, financial institutions don't ask too many questions

By MIGUEL GONZALEZ/Staff Writer

VICTORVILLE — National and local banks have found in their quest to attract more customers that catering to illegal immigrants can significantly increase traffic and business.

A widely ignored group for many years, illegal immigrants have become a force within the nation's economy, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research center based in Washington, D.C.

Research by the center shows that of the 13.9 million illegal immigrants living in the United States, 6.3 million of them were employed as of March 2004.

A recent study by Inter-American Dialogue revealed that consumer remittances to Mexico exceeded $14 billion in 2003, surpassing foreign direct investment in Mexico.

The global remittance market is estimated at $110 billion, with remittances to Central America accounting for more than $10 billion, the study indicated.

Based on the number of illegal immigrants living in the Victor Valley, local banks have started accepting documents such as Mexican passports and the controversial matricula consular, an identification that many illegals seek to acquire because California identifications are reserved for those with legal permission to be in the country.

In the Victor Valley, banks such as Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Desert Community Bank and The Members Own Federal Credit Union have for a while catered to the immigrant community by accepting the matricula consular as a valid document to open an account.

"We cater to everybody. The only color we understand here is the color of green," Desert Community Bank President Ron Wilson said.

Wells Fargo spokeswoman Marie Trigg said that since accepting the matricula consular — in November 2001 — 525,000 people have acquired accounts nationwide with the financial institution.

"It's driving up accounts and business for us, that's for sure. The institution is working to keep on providing services that will mold this group's lifestyle," Trigg said.

In addition to having bank representatives who speak Spanish, the four financial institutions have facilitated ways for clients to wire money to their home countries. They also have facilitated loans and mortgage programs.

"Loans are facilitated to those people who can provide us a Social Security number or a taxpayer identification number," Trigg said. "Some people who are undocumented don't have access to Social Security numbers, but if the pay taxes they can get a taxpayer identification number."

Carlos is an illegal immigrant who lives in the High Desert. His last name is not used because he fears prosecution or deportation. For years, Carlos used remittance services, such as Western Union, to send money to his family in Jalisco, Mexico. After learning about banks that accepted the matricula consular, Carlos was able to open an account with a local bank.

"With a bank account I can send money to my family for less (cost) than charged by remittance services," Carlos said.

State Sen. George Runner, R-Lancaster, said allowing illegal immigrants to use what he classified as a nonsecure document to establish their identity could be a problem.

"I think this is a symptom of a bigger problem and that is the fact that people who are here illegally are able work to the point where they will need a bank account," Runner said.

The Mexican consul for Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, Carlos Giralt-Cabrales, denied that the matricula consular is a nonsecure document and said that just because somebody has this document does not automatically determine their legal status.

"The matricula consular is a very safe document that is issued under very strict guidelines. We believe that the work of immigrants benefits the economy of this country, and banks are recognizing that fact," he said.

Carlos, who sends around $300 every two weeks, said that opening a bank account in this country has made his life easier.

He said he would soon like to take advantage of a mortgage loan.

"I've been looking at buying a little house here," Carlos said. "This may be the best time to buy, since home prices are going up.

"This is part of my American dream, and I am close to getting it."
    I hope we do convince the government to crack down on illegal immigrants! If it happens, a lot of banks are going to be stuck with some serious real estate (serves them right).

The banking industry (for the most part) is pro-illegal immigrant. After all, they are part of corporate America!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bank of America is just as bad as Wells Fargo, if not worst. They are one of the many corporate supporters of the racist organization La Raza.

I hope we do convince the government to crack down on illegal immigrants! If it happens, a lot of banks are going to be stuck with some serious real estate (serves them right).
    Sadly.
    Either way there's gonna be lots of real estate holdings. Just a matter of who they used to belong to.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe that is your answer as to why the illegals are being whoo'd with no regard to you. They already have your money so maybe they don't care what you want or what you think. Think of all the illegals that they can give loans to and bank accounts. Big money!!!!!!! And we already buy their products, but think of how much business they can get from all the newcomers. Not to mention all the votes the politicians can get. They already have all our business so to hell with us.