Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    We oppose amnesty.
    The most key statement of all.
    Be careful with that word Z! McCain also argued his bill last year was not amnesty, but rather "pathway to citizenship," which was also unacceptable. I get nervous now when McCain uses the word "amnesty" without having a full understanding of "his understanding" of the meaning of that word!
    This is why we must stay vigilant. If McCain wins, we will have to be his "dictionary."
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    We oppose amnesty.
    The most key statement of all.
    Be careful with that word Z! McCain also argued his bill last year was not amnesty, but rather "pathway to citizenship," which was also unacceptable. I get nervous now when McCain uses the word "amnesty" without having a full understanding of "his understanding" of the meaning of that word!
    This is why we must stay vigilant. If McCain wins, we will have to be his "dictionary."
    Call me naive but I am starting to think that Capt. Amnesty is starting to listen to his base, just look at the overwhelming approval of the Palin choice. It would be very unwise to deviate too far from the GOP platform if he is elected.

I think McCain lets Juan Hernandez define "amnesty" for him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like parts of this, but I'm not impressed with the "we oppose amnesty" talking point. We all know the John McCains of the world attempt to redefine amnesty (call it a banana if you want to) and blather that they "oppose amnesty." This platform should have said that the GOP opposes all forms of amnesty, including "comprehensive reform" (i.e. mass amnesty).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We oppose a pathway to citizenship and demand more ICE raids.

McCain would be stupid to shove this under the table in this election like Bush tried too. That would be the only thing that would hold him above Obama. You better believe that this will be a question in all debates. Give it up John and do the right thing. You will win.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good news. We have to continue the fight though, and no let up until all businesses are required to have e-verify!

I wish Official English was a part of that platform. the Puerto Rico guy sounded horrific trying to speak to the RNC about hispanic business issues.

The Need for a Strong Immigration Stand in the Republican Platform

It’s a strange election year when one of the most important issues for voters is avoided by both presidential candidates. But that is exactly what has happened in 2008 with illegal immigration. Recently, some people have suggested that the Republican Party Platform should be similarly silent, or at least equivocal, on the issue. They are dead wrong.

Think back to February 2008. Most of the contenders for the Republican presidential nomination were wrestling with one another to wear the mantle of “toughest on illegal immigration.â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12