Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What happened to government for the people?

http://www.pal-item.com

What happened to government for the people?

How many people in Richmond really care about the Roosters leaving? No one can afford to buy tickets. Are the previous owners going to pay back the money for the improvements made to McBride Stadium? Once again we taxpayers get the shaft. Just like the 1 percent tax for the great convention center. We weren't asked if we wanted it. They're going to decide that for us. Whatever happened to government for the people?

We didn't ask for NAFTA or CAFTA. Do you think we would knowingly let our manufacturing jobs go to China? When are the American people going to stand up and say, "We've had enough"? They send billions of our tax dollars to Africa just to go in the pocket of some tyrannical government. The people over there are still starving and the AIDS epidemic grows. We are not the world's caregiver.

We are in the middle of a world war and all that the legislators can do is filibuster a federal judge appointment. We elect these people to go to Washington and do our bidding and all they want to do is their own bidding. When is it going to stop?

One more thing -- let's not get in too big of a hurry to get out of Iraq. You can't negotiate with people determined to kill every man, woman and child that doesn't believe in their bent look at the Islamic religion.

Don't get me wrong. I love my country and my hometown. I think it's the greatest place on the earth. But someday there will be another attack in our country. Let's not wait until then. Let's get them in their home instead of ours. Don't forget the thousands of Americans killed on 9-11. And all those other Americans killed elsewhere.

God bless the U.S.A.

Kevin Watts, Richmond

Originally published July 14, 2005
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The career politicians think that we forget the harm they do while they're in office. They believe that some sound bites on TV about the low down dirty dog they're running against convinces the public to vote for them. That they are returned to office is a never ending miracle. I think probably the hand of man produces that miracle for them, election after election.

We've waited so long to scream and yell...apparently it takes far more than a call, a fax, a letter, an email, a postcard stating the opinions of the citizens...that so called representatives of the people introduce bills in congress that are absolutely contrary to our constitution...without being hanged. The hate speech bill...abrogating our first amendment rights...the supreme courts recent ruling that destroys our fifth amendment rights...the list could go on in ever more breathtaking mind boggling items for days. Much is strictly treason and nothing more. I do NOT believe that the people SAY nothing about these things. There are groups hoping to fight all of these things...as many groups as there are insults to our intelligence and bad bills introduced.

All of these politicians must run for office again. Mark well their incursions on our freedoms. Help defeat them.

WE HAVE TO GET RID OF THOSE ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES BEFORE THE ELECTIONS OF 2006.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RoadRunner,
    We don’t have to get rid of the electronic voting machines but they should all have a paper receipt printed out so that the electronic count can be verified otherwise the winner of the election is whomever the machine is programmed to be the winner.

We need to get these clowns out of office. I don’t like that hate speech bill either. Imagine if they make it illegal to speak badly about politicians. I guess everyone here would be a criminal.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)