Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where's the Poverty?--Caracas video

They are not as poverty stricken as we are asked to believe. A mission group I talked to recently performed cataract surgery at their Guatemala clinic. They charged the patient 15 dollars. They said a hysterectomy cost about 350 dollars. Their growing season is year round. Their buildings don't deteriorate from ice and snow. They don't have winter driving hazards. It is rather hot, though. But where is the poverty?

Caracas, Venezuela
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fezo7qtfyBE

Mexico City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ2atg30 ... re=channel
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great post! I have been to Mexico City, Caracas, Cuzco, San Salvador, San Jose, and Belize. Although these cities aren't as nice as the US, they still have great lives, jobs, cars, etc.

I hate the argument from the left that "these people are poor, and are escaping death and turmoil." That is not true at all. The people that are living in these countries are proud to be citizens, and want to make a better future. The people that illegally immigrate are only doing so to take advantage of the situation. The people of Mexico are HAPPY to ship the people they don't want over to this country, as well as the other countries.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&