Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

White America a minority-to-be

EVERY so often in the US there is another little demographic news flash that shakes the foundation of the American heartland anew.

Across the airwaves yesterday was a report that by 2023, minorities in the US - non-whites, but meaning mostly Hispanics - will make up the majority of all children in the country. That means white children born in the US today will be in the minority of all children in the US before they even finish high school.

This coming minority status is accelerating: 2023 is seven years earlier than predicted five years ago. Birth rates among the mostly Catholic Hispanic population run at a much faster clip.

And it means whites in the US - adults and children - are due to become the minority in just 30 years. Which brings us to Rush Limbaugh.

The king of American shock jocks will reach an audience of about 20 million people a week and his bombastic, fly-the-flag and snappy oratory taps into something that many conservative whites - the base of the Republican Party - are feeling over the demographic changes to their country: that the America they know is slipping away.

These views inform plenty of the debate in the US over things such as immigration, particularly illegal immigration, which incenses millions of Americans, because any child born in the US of illegal immigrants automatically wins citizenship.

Thanks to Australia being an island nation, our debates on immigration can take place in more measured tones than in the US. Its 3000km border with Mexico admits an estimated 1000 illegal immigrants a day, to say nothing of the increasingly violent drug trade.

Limbaugh, who vehemently opposed former president George W. Bush's attempts at immigration reform that would have legalised the more than 11 million illegal immigrants in the country, voices the frustration and anger many feel over this and other hot-button issues, such as gun control and federal government spending.

Last weekend, Limbaugh addressed an overwhelmingly white audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference and spoke for 90 minutes without, he pointedly reminded his cheering supporters, a teleprompter - a reference to President Barack Obama's constant use of the speaking aid.

"I want the country to survive as we have known it - as you and I were raised in it, is what I mean," Limbaugh said.

He says his politics is colourblind, and indeed this kind of nostalgia is demographic rather than ideological - Hispanics made up just 1 per cent of the population in the US in 1950.

This is at the heart of the Republicans' present problem. Many wise heads are urging for a more inclusive, even moderate platform to emerge from the ashes of their defeat, not only to Obama last November, but in the mid-term congressional elections in 2006.

The Hispanic demographic was not lost on Bush, nor his political strategist Karl Rove - hence

the push on immigration reform.

But last weekend the Republican Party elevated Limbaugh - dressed like Johnny Cash, his black shirt unbuttoned to his chest - in a national address that Democrats are already using in television advertising.

For while there are millions of people who love Limbaugh, many more hate his daily diatribes against Democrats and the "drive-by" media - which he says are the mostly liberal media outlets that quell debate and shoot down conservative talk in the country.

The Obama White House has played Limbaugh up, which the radio host relishes because it does his ratings no harm. Last weekend, Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel called him "the voice and the intellectual force and energy behind the Republican Party".

So, this week, speaking like the head of the party, Limbaugh challenged Obama to a debate on his show.

The cooler heads in the Republican Party despair at the spectacle, which this week also included the (black) Republican Party chairman Michael Steele apologising to Limbaugh for having called his radio show "ugly" and "incendiary".

David Frum, the Bush speechwriter who coined the phrase "axis of evil", bewails Limbaugh's status as party icon and the hay the Democrats will make out of his latest appearance.

"On the one side, the President of the United States: soft-spoken and conciliatory, never angry, always invoking the recession and its victims," Frum wrote this week on his blog.

"And for the leader of the Republicans? A man who is aggressive and bombastic, cutting and sarcastic, who dismisses the concerned citizens in network news focus groups as 'losers'.

"With his private plane and his cigars, his history of drug dependency and his personal bulk, not to mention his tangled marital history, Rush is a walking stereotype of self-indulgence - exactly the image that Barack Obama most wants to affix to our philosophy and our party ...

"The worse conservatives do, the more important Rush becomes as leader of the ardent remnant.

"The better conservatives succeed, the more we become a broad national governing coalition, the more Rush will be sidelined."

Limbaugh was to Republicanism in the 2000s what black activist Jesse Jackson was to the Democratic Party in the 1980s, Frum says.

"He plays an important role in our coalition, and of course he and his supporters have to be treated with respect. But he cannot be allowed to be the public face of the enterprise - and we have to find ways of assuring the public that he is just one Republican voice among many, and very far from the most important."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 48,00.html

I don't have a problem with being a minority. There could be many advantages...but being a minority due to illegal immigration and anchor babies really honks me off!!

In 2023 the U.S. will become Mexico - then where will the illegals go?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    In 2023 the U.S. will become Mexico - then where will the illegals go?
    Canada?

MW
    It would be one thing if the population change was occuring naturally. However, that is not the case. IMO, our federal government is guilty of social engineering. They are engineering these changes through their failure to enforce immigration law and securing our border. Furthermore, excessive legal immigration is also a contributing factor.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If you have not read "Death of the West" By Pat Buchanan do so it is
    an enlightening read and our future.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

It would be one thing if the population change was occuring naturally. However, that is not the case. IMO, our federal government is guilty of social engineering. They are engineering these changes through their failure to enforce immigration law and securing our border. Furthermore, excessive legal immigration is also a contributing factor.

That's what I think. But it hasn't been natural, not to mention an influx of really racist people who apparently don't think too highly of this country period. Figure you can pretty much bet any positive strides we have made along the way will be tossed aside as well. I've seen it already. You owe me coz I'm a minority and since I'm the majority minority, I can cry racism in whatever direction I see fit, whether it applies or not. If we're the majority we rule, and if we aren't then you must cater to us.

I mean I cracked when I actually read "majority minority" in the paper to say how the Latinos deserved more representation than other minority groups as if they were more important than an other group. I can pretty much bet the farm that when we do become the minority, we won't have any rights or get "special" consideration for anything and doubtfully an ounce of compassion for our plight coz it was whites who stole their land or had slaves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird

That's what I think. But it hasn't been natural, not to mention an influx of really racist people who apparently don't think too highly of this country period. Figure you can pretty much bet any positive strides we have made along the way will be tossed aside as well. I've seen it already. You owe me coz I'm a minority and since I'm the majority minority, I can cry racism in whatever direction I see fit, whether it applies or not. If we're the majority we rule, and if we aren't then you must cater to us.

I mean I cracked when I actually read "majority minority" in the paper to say how the Latinos deserved more representation than other minority groups as if they were more important than an other group. I can pretty much bet the farm that when we do become the minority, we won't have any rights or get "special" consideration for anything and doubtfully an ounce of compassion for our plight coz it was whites who stole their land or had slaves.
    DITTO CB!!! I seriously doubt that whites will enjoy any special protections once we are thrust into minority status, via open borders and illegal immigration.

In California white people are already less than 50% of the population. The result? We have a governor who can't even properly pronounce California, he calls it Caleeefornia. The state has a projected $42 billion deficit, 10.5% unemployment rate, largest tax increase in state history, etc. But don't forget you're a racist if you talk about these facts.

This is very sad. Africa is for Africans, Arabia is for Arabs, Asia is for Asians. If you go to those places as a white person you are not welcomed. But now our lands are getting taken away from us and when we ask for our laws and rights to be respected, we are called racist and haters. Whites, when we are the minority will live in a third world nation and be treated like a dog. This is not just the United states, but also Europe. We whites will have to go to antarctica to be free if we don't stop this within the next 200 years.

I'm sorry, but we got to turn this around and fast or we will lose our country and everything that we have ever fought for or loved.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast