Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

White flag border security

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-rev ... 15167.html

White flag border security
    By Dimitri Vassilaros
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Friday, January 20, 2006

"The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" was disturbingly prophetic.

The 1948 film classic starred Humphrey Bogart as Fred C. Dobbs, an American prospector in Mexico. A band of Mexican bandits led by Alfonso Bedoya playing Gold Hat try to disarm Dobbs and the two other American miners with him to get their gold.

"We are federales ... you know, the mounted police," Gold Hat says. "If you're the police, where are your badges?" Dobbs asks. As Gold Hat pauses between each line in his brief monologue, he spits out his immortal response, "Badges!?... We ain't got no badges. ... We don't need no badges! ... I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

But along the southern border today, Mexicans acting as federales are crossing over into the United States and using their AK-47s to shoot at Americans.

A Department of Homeland Security document cites 216 incidents since 1996 where Mexican military personnel crossed the U.S.-Mexican border and were spotted or confronted by the Border Patrol, according to the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin newspaper in California. And a map bearing the seal of the president's Office of National Drug Control Policy, dated 2001, shows the locations of 34 of those incursions across the southwest United States.

"Our vests will not stop an AK-47," Rich Pierce told me on Tuesday. Mr. Pierce is the vice president of the National Border Patrol Council union, which represents the agents.

The Border Patrol stopped a vehicle and arrested the nine Mexican soldiers in it in 2000. But the State Department ordered their release, the return of their weapons and their repatriation to Mexico, Pierce said. And about two months ago, the Border Patrol in Texas intercepted a dump truck carrying marijuana. The Mexican military crossed the border and pulled the truck back across the border into Mexico, Pierce said.

"We are starting to believe we need our military to protect our agents," Pierce said. "A war is something we are not prepared for. Or a military incursion."

The Border Patrol did not respond to my calls and e-mail requesting comment.

However, the Border Patrol has warned agents in Arizona of incursions into the United States by Mexican soldiers who are "trained to escape, evade and counterambush" if detected, according to The Washington Times. The agents also are warned to keep "a low profile," to use "cover and concealment" in approaching the Mexican units, to employ "shadows and camouflage" to conceal themselves and to "stay as quiet as possible."

Why not just wave the white flag?

Come to think of it, that is how the Bush administration is responding to the Mexican invasion of illegal aliens and the Mexican military incursions. That, and offering surrender terms allowing the illegal foreigners to legally call themselves American citizens.

The Third Reich surrendered with more dignity during World War II.

Would it be asking too much of President Bush to send one -- just one -- of those remote-controlled Predator drone reconnaissance airplanes armed with a Hellfire anti-tank missile to protect our brave men and women who -- for the past decade -- have been in harm's way without proper body armor?

"It won't be long until someone dies," Pierce said. "We expect the federal government to do something now before we say 'we told you so.'"

Dimitri Vassilaros can be reached at dvassilaros@tribweb.com or 412-380-5637.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bless their hearts...the federal government isn't going to do ANYTHING any time SOON...it will be years ....and years....and years...before anything they vote in 'takes effect.' Somehow they don't believe that the laws already on the books should be enforced....they don't believe that those men on the border require support. They're only 'paper tigers' to make the citizens of this country 'think' that enforcement at the border is a happening thing....that allows them more TIME...to get more illegals in here...and we all know the results of more illegals...the citizens of the US will then face the same situation that the Texans faced at the Alamo.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Somehow they don't believe that the laws already on the books should be enforced....
    Oh I think they'll believe it the first Wednesday after the first Monday in November.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Somehow they don't believe that the laws already on the books should be enforced....
    Oh I think they'll believe it the first Wednesday after the first Monday in November.
    Maybe. I hope you are right, but I don't think so.

I think the pro-immigration forces are still winning this war. We may have won a skirmish or two, but they control the media, academia, and all three of the branches of our government. Most of America doesn't have a clue about the invasion that's going on right now, or how the current policies of this government regarding immigration are going to destroy this nation. Republicans vote like Rush Limbaugh tells them too and Democrats vote like bleeding heart liberals, eating up whatever the liberal media and academia says about immigration. Those that vote, that is. What's the percentage of registered voters that actually bother to vote anymore?

I'm afraid we're going to get a lot of the same idiots re-elected. We've got a lot of work to do to wake the people up to this terrible threat.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke