Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is who wants to replace IL Rep. Luis Gutierrez :-0

This article is about the candidate who wants to replace IL Congressional Rep. Luis Gutierrez. Luis recently made news because of his outrageous comments about the Postville raids. Julie Myers chastised him. I don't think I want either one of these candidates?!!! Omar was one of the organizers for the Chicago May marches. I don't much hear that he has American's interests in mind... (pray for Illinois...)

Despite conflict between environmentalists and the immigrants’ rights movement, congressional candidate Omar Lopez thinks the Greens could supplant the Democrats as Latinos’ party of choice.

The Browning of the Greens

By Kari Lydersen

August 14, 2008

The most impressive thing about the Green Party’s national nominating convention, held at Symphony Center July 10-13, might’ve been how multiracial it was. In the crowd, black nationalists and young activists of all colors mingled with white hippies. Fiery former congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, who’s African-American, was named the Greens’ presidential candidate, and Rosa Clemente, a Latina hip-hop activist and journalist from New York, was slated for vice president.

But when keynote speaker Omar Lopez took the podium, it became clear that there’s more to the browning of the Green Party than just putting nonwhite candidates up for office. There’s a move, especially in Chicago, to incorporate immigration rights as a central issue for progressive Greens, whose focus on environmentalism has sometimes pitted them directly against immigrants.

Lopez, a Mexican-American and longtime immigrants’ rights organizer, is running for the Fourth District congressional seat against incumbent representative Luis Gutierrez, who has represented the mostly Latino district for almost 16 years and is known for his own advocacy of immigrants’ rights. A leader of the March 10 Movement, Lopez was part of the coalition that staged the massive downtown immigrants’ rights marches in 2006 and smaller May Day marches in 2007 and 2008. He’s run unsuccessfully for political office twice as a Democrat—both times against Gutierrez.

Lopez and his supporters say Gutierrez isn’t doing enough for the cause, and they’re calling on Latinos to make the Green Party their route to change. (It might be easier to do that now than ever before: Since Green gubernatorial candidate Rich Whitney got more than 10 percent of the vote in the 2006 election, the party now qualifies as “establishedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mercy is he getting displaced; poor traitor of America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To bad someone intelligent is not challeging these two because they probably would win.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Braulio Pereyra-Gabino was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Ronald E. Longstaff, who also ordered him to pay a $2,000 fine. Pereya-Gabino was convicted May 8 by a federal jury. During the trial prosecutors demonstrated that Pereya-Gabino concealed illegal aliens, and shielded them from detection in a building at the Swift & Company plant at 402 North 10th Ave. in Marshalltown, Iowa.
    I believe that march mainly was for the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

GO FIGURE....let them go back to their country if they want to fight for rights! There is more corrupt policies in their own govenment.. WAIT A MINUTE IN THEIR COUNTRY THEY WOULD PROBABLY BE SHOT for what they are trying to do here.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    To bad someone intelligent is not challeging these two because they probably would win.
    AMEN on that USPatriot!