Thread: Whooping Cough

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Whooping Cough

A friend of mine had to go to the emergency room at Primary Children's Hospital when her son developed a high fever and rash. What she told me about her experience gave me the chills.

My friend had to sit for 7 hours before her child was seen. Her son was then admitted to the hospital with a condition where his immune system was attacking good cells. There is a name for it, but I can't remember what she called it. Anyway, after 3 days in the hospital, he is going to be okay, but now she is concerened about his possible exposure to Whooping Cough.

My friend told me that the emergency room was full of illegal Mexicans and their children. Many of them could not speak English. She said that one of the children had the strangest cough she had ever heard. A nurse told her that the child had Whooping Cough. My friend was absolutely devastated when she heard this. She and her son were now exposed to a disease that was once almost unheard of in America. Our hospitals have become a breeding ground for diseases that are coming across our border. The illegals are not only killing our way of life, they are going to kill us with disease. This is a nightmare that is becoming a terrible reality.

I found this piece while searching Whooping Cough in America. We are in deep trouble.

From Way Down South, Not So Very Far Off, Illegals Brought Us The Whooping Cough.
    pO157.
    Posted to Legal on Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 10:26:09 AM EST (promoted by 1fastdog). RSS.
    "Whooping cough" causes about 30 to 50 million cases per year, worldwide, and kills about 300,000 (although no more than a few dozen annually in the US). However, it is preventable with vaccination and until recently was not a major problem in the United States. This may be changing as the pool of unvaccinated, illegal immigrants in the US grows to ever-larger numbers. With such numbers rising, the inevitable pointing of fingers is taking place.

Some blame schools for crowding children into cramped classrooms, some blame the fact that the whooping cough vaccine loses effectiveness over time and patients are not requesting boosters as often as they should. Others point out that this may be part of a larger trend of preventable diseases returning.

Then there are those that cast aspersions at illegal immigrants.

Whooping cough is a bacterial disease that is caused by the gram negative respiratory pathogen Bordetella pertussis, a microbial infection that only infects humans. It gets its name from the symptoms it causes; namely, a week-long infectious period of coughing and sneezing, causing a lengthy period of violent coughing which produces a "whooping" sound. The disease can lead to malnutrition and death in serious cases, and usually takes one or two months to fully recover from; causing a significant amount of lost time from work or school. Although it is a bacterial disease antibiotics are not effective unless given after the earliest onset of symptoms. Infection with the disease or vaccination against the toxin does not confer permanent immunity, requiring several "booster" shots over one's life which are often forgotten. Unfortunately, whooping cough outbreaks around the country have been increasing over the past few years, and are increasing by at least a factor of 25X since the 70s.

Dr. Madeline Cosman, writing (PDF) in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons lays part of the blame at the feet of illegal immigrants. She points out that some diseases such as polio, which had been generally considered eradicated from the US have been found in illegal immigrants, and it is not uncommon for other migrants to import intestinal parasites, malaria, antibiotic resistant tuberculosis, Chagas disease, and hepatitis A,B, and C. Dr. Cosman references a recent outbreak of dengue fever in a Texas border community, a disease which is seldom found in the US.

Others claim that increases in leprosy are due to illegal immigrants, and that illegals are taking advantages of US Law (click the "no thanks" button to see article) to demand free emergency room care for their exotic illnesses.

These groups state that for the collective health of the United States, all illegal immigration should be checked with the building of fences, the posting of guards along the border (by recalling troops from overseas), and rescinding the citizenship of children born in the US to illegals, and removing all those in the country without documentation. Dr. Cosman argues that only by requiring illegals to re-apply and go through the same medical health checks that legal immigrants do, can the future safety of the United States be ensured.

http://www.treesandthings.com/story/200 ... /111629/20

Cindy, what's sad is that you see that in every hospital in Salt Lake Valley, and too many people in UT are either in too much denial or are too ignorant about the immigration issue.
    For my work I've been in and out of U of U, Primary Childrens' St. Mark's and Mckay Dee (Ogden).
    I was at St. Mark's last Wednesday, and the lady behing the admissions desk was asking if anyone knew spanish!!!
    Pretty revolting.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Sippy, I went to Sams Club yesterday to buy a few items and couldn't help but notice that I was a minority shopper. All I heard was Spanish as the families ran around to eat the foods from the Sams Club demonstrators. It looked like they went in there just to feed their families. I just shook my head in disgust as I watched them act like animals. They are everywhere!

Edit to add:
    Sippy, Primary Children's Hospital is home to many children with terminal and life threatening illnesses. Why would the hospital risk these children's lives by allowing illegal immigrants to access their emergency rooms? Why should we serve any illegal's at all?

I know you what you mean. The Sam's club on 33rd and 9th usually has more hispanics.

Cindy, you should go to Costco from now on. Sam's club (as you know) is owned by wal mart.

The Costco in Draper actually looks and sounds like something in America. Their perscription drug prices cannot be beat either. I'll PM you some good info.
    Yes we have our lovely chris cannon and senator puke bob bennett to thank for that.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I live in the Riverton area and I usually go to the Costco in Draper. I went to the Sams Club at Jordan Landing to make an exchange and purchase some orange juice. I felt like I was in a third world country.

Btw, Sippy, Take a drive through the Kearns area and prepare yourself for a shock. It is almost entirely Mexican now. The houses are gutted and the streets are littered. It is a very sad sight to see.

HIPPA Violation

I don't know about other states, but here in Florida
    it is a HIPPA violation to ask anyone but a paid bi-lingual
    to interpret for non English speaking patients. And these
    people are paid an enormous amount of money which
    is taken out of the Medicaid system here in Florida....
    which is eventually paid for by our taxes. We would have
    to schedule a patient based on when the translator could
    come ....normal charge is about 250 and hour. It is an
    absolute violation to ask anyone but a paid translator to
    interpret.

immune system was attacking good cells.
    This just happened to a relatives co-worker. Might be something else they have brought with them.

The fact that anyone in Ameirca has Whooping Cough is because of illegal immigration. The only other way to have contracted it is if they traveled illegally out of the country, without proper inoculations.

WE eradicated many of these diseases 40 years ago and the illegal aliens are bringing them back. This is not a xenophobic scare tactic, these diseases are carried by humans and they were eliminated in America. Common sense tells you where these 3rd world disease is coming from.

Reassure your friend that her child will be fine because he/she has been vaccinated. Our ancestors created a good country.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Reassure your friend that her child will be fine because he/she has been vaccinated. Our ancestors created a good country."

Thank you, Dixie...I will let her know. I'm sure it will bring her some comfort.

It's been a long time but as I recall, all children (OK, most) in this nation receive infant vaccinations called DTP (diptheria, tetanus, pertussis) and that protects them for life. If so, tell your friend to relax and not worry about pertussis, aka whooping cough. Tell her to spend her energy ejecting these crumbs from our emergency rooms, schools, roads, bridges, restaurants, construction sites, meat packing plants and on and on. If we eject them quickly enough, we might not have to restore the smallpox vaccinations.
    '58 Airedale

Illegals and diseases

More and more diseases are being brought into the US by illegals. They work in our food industries without any medical checkup and we are paying the price in more ways than one. Not only do we have to pay the medical bills for illegals but then we must pay our own medical care after catching the disease from the illegals.