Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DS

Whos babysitting your kids?

2006-04-11 BRIGHTON, COLORADO - A 32-year-old babysitter faces charges of child abuse resulting in death, following the death of a 5-month-old boy in her care.

A babysitter is under investigation for child abuse resulting in death. April 11, 2006. 4:00 p.m.

Adams County Sheriff's deputies arrested Laura Cervantes Monday night.

Investigators say the boy's mother left him in Cervantes' care early Thursday morning. Cervantes noticed the baby was unresponsive and took him first to a local clinic and then to St. Anthony North Hospital.

"After an examination by emergency room doctor, the child had severe head injury," says Doug Darr, Adams County Sheriff.

The baby was then flown to Children's Hospital, where he died on Monday, says Darr.

Neighbors tell 9News the baby was previously hospitalized. Sheriff Darr confirms that, but won't say what the boy was treated for.

Cervantes is described as an illegal immigrant from Juarez, Mexico who's been living in Denver. Sheriff Darr says Immigration has been contacted. He says Cervantes status will be resolved after the criminal case.

Cervnates will be formally charged Wednesday.

Neighbors say the 32-year-old has several children of her own.

I d--- sure know who's watching my kids and grandkids!!!!!

You would think............

My neighbor runs a day care. She's on vacation now but a couple of days before she left she had a strange event. She was doing dishes and suddenly there was a Mexican woman in her kitchen with a couple of kids. She was startled since there was no knock or anything and she was home alone. The lady said.....you take kids? She said...yes...but do I even know you? The lady said....take them. And started to leave. She finally got over the shock and said....Hey...I don't know you....I have never talked to you.....and I do watch children but I have no openings...and by the way,,,since when do you just barge into peoples homes!!? The lady just kept shoving the kids at her going ....you take...you watch. My neighbor blew then and literally took the kids out to this womans car because she kept saying, you take...you watch..She finally left...but angry and then my neighbor called me to ask to keep an eye for her coz she yelled stuff in Spanish and she didn't know if it was a threat or not. She called the police and all and nothing else happened. But I thought it was strange that any parent would just dump their kids at anyones home like that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)