Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why do illegals have the right to protest?! It angers me!!!

Immigrants march to protest Va. county's policies

MANASSAS PARK, Va. —

More than 100 immigrants and their supporters marched through Prince William County on Monday to protest policies they say have torn apart families, caused racial tension and made them fearful of reporting crimes.
    With chants in Spanish of "Justice!" and "Stop police brutality," the immigrant advocacy group Mexicans Without Borders demanded that county officials rescind a 2007 resolution that allows county police to enforce federal immigration law and denies some public services to illegal immigrants. They say the policy, which drew national attention, has created strife between Hispanic immigrants and police.

"We're fighting against all the injustices being committed against us," said 34-year-old Adrian Games of Woodbridge as he walked along a sidewalk holding his 6-year-old son's hand.

Games said the march is a way to pressure lawmakers to reconsider policies that he said have caused families to flee and have hurt the local economy.

"This is the start of something we're going to continue until we reach our goal," Games said.

Protesters on Monday also demanded justice for Manassas Park resident Agueda Dominguez, who claimed that earlier this month a police officer beat her during a traffic stop because she's Hispanic and doesn't speak English. Authorities have said that both Dominguez and the officer were injured in the incident, which is under investigation.

"We feel that the Dominguez case is the straw that broke the camel's back," said Nancy Lyall, legal coordinator with Mexicans Without Borders before the march from Manassas Park to the Prince William County courthouse.

Lyall said what happened to Dominguez is directly related to the passage of the resolution in Prince William County.

"That resolution sets the tone ... to look at our immigrant population differently than the rest of the people that reside here," Lyall said.

Prince William is one of a handful of Washington-area counties that has cracked down on illegal immigration in recent years. In Virginia's Loudoun County and Maryland's Frederick County, law enforcement authorities also are trained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to enforce federal immigration law.

And though not as strict, Maryland's Montgomery County — long recognized as welcoming to immigrants — announced this month that it plans to send to ICE the names of every person arrested for violent crimes and for illegally carrying or transporting handguns so their immigration status can be checked.

Monday's demonstration comes a week after small-business owners in Prince William demanded that lawmakers rescind a part of the anti-illegal immigration policy that requires business people to prove they are legal residents of the country.

The county had asked about 4,000 business owners to provide proof of legal residency by March 1 to get their business licenses renewed. Area doctors, architects and others have resisted the effort.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

ELE

Our government has been talken over by illegals advocates.

The illegals do not have the right to protest. Our government is turning their collective head(s) because most of them want the illegals here and are just pretending to enforce our laws.

www.whathappenedtomyamerica.com (great web site and also has info. called the Obama files that you might find helpful and interesting).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It angers and amazes me that this is allowed. ICE should just back up the bus.

Do these folks really think that threatening us, blocking our streets and chanting in SPANISH will get our sympathy or "pressure" our elected officials to give them every little thing they want. And what they want is all the benefits of citizenship without the obligations. Oh, and everything free, free, free. If anything, their actions draw attention to them and anger U.S. citizens - especially now when so many of us are out of work. "Hurt the local economy"? I wonder how much my property taxes would go down if I didn't have to pay for all the illegals' benefits and education.

Any injustice is inflicted on Americans who are out of work and picking up the bills.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Protesters on Monday also demanded justice for Manassas Park resident Agueda Dominguez, who claimed that earlier this month a police officer beat her during a traffic stop because she's Hispanic and doesn't speak English. Authorities have said that both Dominguez and the officer were injured in the incident, which is under investigation.
    Here we go again with: "the illegal said"
    No different then the rancher in Arizona protecting his property.
    With chants in Spanish
    the immigrant advocacy group Mexicans Without Borders
    Mexicans Without Borders (Mexicanos Sin Fronteras) is an organization that arose out of the need for migrant workers to struggle against the various injustices that they face in their daily lives. It is for immigrant workers who cannot cash a check, obtain a driver’s license, rent a house, travel, or obtain higher education because they lack the proper documents. We believe it’s necessary to struggle for permanent residency, which would give immigrants access to all those basic rights.
    This says it all for me. immigrants without documents. In other words they are "Illegal Aliens" And of course they make their demands and chanting in SPANISH!!!!!!!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

well---

"Do these folks really think that threatening us, blocking our streets and chanting in SPANISH will get our sympathy or "pressure" our elected officials to give them every little thing they want."

Eef you do not give us what we want--we will drive drunk, without license and insurance in your community. We will have our people go to your ERs and overwhelm the staff and the budget. We will outnumber your children in your schools with ours and demand Spanish as the school language .

We will work any job at 1/2 the salary and we will honor the Mexivcan or Central American flag in your parks on weekends and holidays.
    Si, se puede!

They don't have the right to protest - they just take it because taking is what they do best.

Welcome, hippiechick! These people, hopefully, are being filmed and identified, because you never know how many career criminals are in the mass of marchers.
    Undoubtedly, there will be another May Day protest, and what irritates me the most is MSM not really showing those Americans and legal immigrants out protesting those marchers.

They March For the Attention It Gets Their Cause

Hippie Chick...Love the NAME!

Illegals and those that support them march for the attention it brings their cause. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, and like it or not, one of the reasons they have gotten as far as they have, is we are not as visiable as they are.

They had 1/2 million people marching in just LA...trust me, if all of the out of work Americans, if all those that OPPOSE Amnesty, and feel Illegal Aliens all started marching, all started protesting IN LARGE NUMBERS this would be a non story as our government wouid decide it was easier to deport them. Their cause dovetails with BIG BUSINESS's desire to have CHEAP WAGES...so, if those in the oppostion do not seem to be that worried about it, the Illegal Aliens win.

Simply stated, it is Us or Them as our economy slides into the proverbial toilet. Seven Million illegal aliens still have jobs, but our side has not orchestrated MASSIVE PROTESTS YET, though I give us a great deal of credit for what we have accomplished with A LOT LESS FUNDING...the push for Amnesty IS OVER if Main Street America takes to the streets in large numbers.

I personally believe it is that simple, and if you realize they are stealing the food off our childrens plates, putting Main Street Americans into the streets should be easy.

In just the past year FIVE AND ONE HALF MILLION LEGAL AMERICANS have lost their jobs while over SEVEN MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS STILL HAVE THEIRS...WAKE UP AMERICA, we need some outrage here!
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

PintoBean.....well written piece!

It is a shame so many illegals still hold jobs in this country and evade taxes but use taxpayer funded services to their advantage, while legal taxpaying Americans still struggle to pay utility bills, struggle with prescription cost fees, and struggle to keep jobs in this worsening economy.

It's all a shame.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

and u r so very right pinto bean. the american people would need to have a very large demonstration. I believe too that it would end a lot of the snubbing that our politicians give us.

I AM IN FOR IT AND READY TO GO. WE WOULD NEED TO JUST HAVE A LOT OF THEM OVER THE COUNTRY AT THE SAME TIME!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast