Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

bluecollar...again...what is the point of your ramblings???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bluecollar: Hey buddy, I hear where you're coming from and you make very valid points here. I'd just ask to keep in mind that not everybody necessarily thinks the same way about this stuff though. Even for many of us that have logged significant time in and around the high-tech/IT world, many of us also had real jobs (eg. blue collar jobs; which I had done for at least 10 years of my working life) before all that too.

Re:
    personally i think $$ without oil denomination is worth par with many third world currencies. considering the huge debt america has run against rest of the world. (thanks to folks who feasted last 20 years on cheap foreign imports) I would like it to reach its real worth so that all americans can have jobs not just it folks and standard of living is in par with the world.
    Encouraging the flood of cheap imports has no doubt wreaked havoc on native US-based industry, but I'd also like to suggest that tax/investment policy has also helped encourage non-production here as well. Paying businesses to shut their doors, pack up and move overseas is a gross misuse of US government treasury and tax policy. As a matter of fact, most other government faced with such a problem almost always opt to levy additional taxes on such corporations; not reward them!

Anyway, that's just my 0.02 cents.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As fuel becomes more expensive, the equation of dragging cheap stuff here from China will also change. As labor became more expensive, the equation of outsourcing has changed. As the dollar is worth fewer rupees or whatever, the prospect of grabbing an American's job and running home with a nest egg after a few years loses it's shine. A tide is slowly turning, and we are starting to see people coming to grips concerning the loss of imaginary home equity after the housing boom collapse. I'd have to say that we will do a lot better than some of those whose only thought was to ride our coattails, not first and foremost the buildup and betterment of their own nations.

Bluecollar isn't even trying not to sound Indian anymore. Should we address him as Anil or Deepak or something else? I wonder which is his handle over on IV. I'll wander over there today and see if I can guess.

well Ms Sherlock

Well MS Betsy Sherlock Holmes whatever helps u have some excitement.

However u are refusing to see a point

A country cannot have it both ways. U cannot have an exceedingly high standard of living compared to the rest of the world (supported by an artificially pumped up currency) and retaining all centers of production.

What is it going to be a weaker dollar and more jobs or an overpriced dollar and jobs that continue to fly. Is America ready for home produced 1000$ iphones.

Look at ur argument. U almost sound happy that housing market has crashed as this will reduce attractiveness of US jobs. And that is the truth. You will have to go through some pain to have the jobs back.

Strangely we both want the same things a weaker dollar and all legal immigrants in a green card queue to return back. But for different reasons. However both our wishes are not going to be granted that easily.

Remember cost of production (fuel etc.) increases everywhere. American wages will have to increase to keep step with inflation (soaring healthcare costs, rapidly devaluing projected social security benefits) . If american consumers feel the squeeze they will demand cheaper goods and forget the "made in xxx" labels.

So on a % basis cost savings will continue to exist. Companies will continue to search for "cheap" in foreign shores. Do not also forget that exporting nations will fight back by devaluing their currencies in innovative ways. U are talking subsidies, tax breaks.

The world seems to be very happy with the arrangement. America consumes. The world produces. Rest of world gets employment and Americans get a high living rest of the world cannot even imagine. It is a perfect marriage.

let the bulb glow a little.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    bluecollar...again...what is the point of your ramblings???
    cannot wake a guy pretending to be asleep. I know I know ur response is going to be "bluecollar...again...what is the point of your ramblings???"

It is you, Bluecollar, who are forgetting some things. 1) The more it costs to transport goods, the more expensive they will be. So, made in China will gradually stop meaning 'cheap.' Locally produced items will look like a better deal. 2) Not so long ago, America made and did things for itself and can easily do so again. 3) When a person loses his job and his savings run out, it no longer matters how cheap the shirts at WalMart are. They're never going to cost zero. 4) 70% of our economy is consumer spending. Kill that, and the lights go out for every one who depends on American economic strength. Perhaps Asia should not have hitched its wagon so tightly to our star.

We are running out of patience at being lectured for our lifestyle by people who are depending on our spending to get what they want out of us. That is a stereotype. We don't all drive SUVs, live in McMansions, or eat at fancy restaurants. America needs to work, and now that the prosperous white collar middle class is running scared, the only class left at the trough is the rich, and they are a tiny minority.

I am just amazed at the way Asians seem to think that Americans have no tolerance for hardship and belt-tightening when we've done it and survived it so often before. It's like they don't know our history or culture anywhere near as well as they think they do.

There is no point in carrying on an intelligent conversation with you, bluecollar. You cannot state your point(s) with lucidity and clarity. I will waste no more time.

unemployment ?

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    We are running out of patience at being lectured for our lifestyle by people who are depending on our spending to get what they want out of us. That is a stereotype. We don't all drive SUVs, live in McMansions, or eat at fancy restaurants. America needs to work, and now that the prosperous white collar middle class is running scared, the only class left at the trough is the rich, and they are a tiny minority.

I am just amazed at the way Asians seem to think that Americans have no tolerance for hardship and belt-tightening when we've done it and survived it so often before. It's like they don't know our history or culture anywhere near as well as they think they do.
    Well please, you are not doing any favors to the world. You can stop buying from the world anytime... nobody is thrusting anything... You see when people like you stop buying imported stuff..companies will not source products from abroad. One problem though.. walmart does soaring business. This means only one thing and that is all the big talkers are ready to spend their money on cheaper foreign made goods.

Why is "buy made in america" not a grass roots movement..why is the membership in this forum just a 1900 and you guys are struggling to get to 19,000$ which is just 10$ a person.

Truth is this is not a mainstream issue. Why is unemployment still historically low.

Also can the American angel of mercy relax her grip on world oil ? Why should the world buy oil in dollars and dollars only. It's the government you elect that imposes and controls oil exchanges to price only in dollars...this is what makes your currency acceptable...Countries won't even sell peanuts to America without oil denomination.

great analysis

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    There is no point in carrying on an intelligent conversation with you, bluecollar. You cannot state your point(s) with lucidity and clarity. I will waste no more time.
    Great analysis ! You are like Obama or may be you are Obama?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123