Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why not just ignore illegals?

February 15, 2009 - 9:38 PM
    The article in the paper on Feb. 7 about the illegal immigrant who received $200,000 for his injuries was a slap in the face to us U.S. citizens.

We have two people in Mexico in jail due to unfounded charges and yet we pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for people coming into the Unites States breaking the law.

The federal courts said the person had to be present to be able to be get the award yet we found a loophole to get him that money. The only good part of the article was the fact they took some of the money and paid his medical expenses here in the United States.

Did the driver of that van get a settlement as well? Our people in jail in Mexico have to depend on charities to take them food. And are we sure they broke the law? This young illegal immigrant must have done something to have broken the law in order for them to be taking him to Florence.

Let's make a new law stating that if you come to the United States, you have the right to get all we have to give away free. Please make a stop at the local public assistance office, get food stamps, get free health care and please tell the Border Patrol not to chase any illegals because they have the right to be here.

I can almost bet on the fact should one of my family members get hurt in Mexico, we would probably even be charged for the ride to the border. No wonder our country is in the shape it is in right now.

I have worked many years for the government of the United States and supported many causes but I am finding it harder and harder to appreciate the immigration laws of this country.

If every time an accident happens to an illegal we have to pay thousands of dollars, then maybe our Border Patrol should just close their eyes and just collect a paycheck. I am sure some of that money used to pay Jose Sandoval came out of my taxes.

I thank him for being here illegally. He made my day knowing I helped
    finance his life in Mexico.

God bless our Border Patrol.

STEVE MAGANA, Yuma

http://www.yumasun.com/opinion/ignore_4 ... gals_.html

I note that the surname Magana is Latino as in Gildardo Magana.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gildardo_Maga%C3%B1a
    . To be anti amnesty is not the same as to to be anti Latino
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)