Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Why open doors to Iraqi refugees?

http://www.dailypressandargus.com/apps/ ... 14/OPINION

Why open doors to Iraqi refugees?

I would like to respond to the recent news about 7,000 Iraqi refugees coming to Michigan to flee their country because of the war.

We are building walls to keep out illegal immigrants from Mexico but allowing all these refugees from a country that we are at war with to come here with open arms.

Has anybody even thought about checking these people out? The White House is saying we will most likely get hit by another attack in the next three years. Wow. You think? Why not just take these refugees to metro Detroit and teach them to fly planes?

Americans are losing their jobs and their homes. Companies are leaving the state. Our unemployment rate is one of the highest in the country, the homeless rate is high, and no one has medical coverage. What is the state of Michigan going to do, give these people money and benefits so they can build another gas station or maybe another party store?

Just what we need.

How many of them will come here to break our American laws and end up in our jails and prison so the American people will have to pay to take care of them? Are they going to be able to get food stamps, and WIC and all those other things that the state of Michigan has turned down Americans for?

I already read in the paper that some are coming here to furnished apartments with stocked food in the kitchen, while we have American vets and hardworking people on the streets.

So, I think, if the government and the state of Michigan are going to allow this to happen, then we need to bring our men and women home from the country they are fleeing, so our troops can guard our own country from them.

If one of our soldiers were to perish, at least it would have some meaning behind it.

As a military veteran, a tax-paying, hardworking , law-abiding American citizen, I have the right to voice my opinion. I mean, come on. What's next? We already have to press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish. Now we will have to press 3 for Iraqi.

Dwayne Deziel Sr.

Howell

http://www.dailypressandargus.com/apps/ ... 14/OPINION

When they first voted monies for the war and they showed how the monies would be spent - there was an amount for 'relocation'.

A chill went up my spine, because I was pretty sure what they meant - and I was right.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)