Widow of murdered border patrol agent speaks out
Updated: Aug 27, 2009 12:50 PM PDT

For the first time, we're hearing from the widow of a murdered border patrol agent in an exclusive interview with News 8.

Phil Blauer sat down with Rosalie Rosas at her home in El Centro. She spoke with News 8 candidly about finding out her husband had been gunned down at the border and the overwhelming response she has received from the community.

"I was very confident that whatever situation that would arise, Robert would know exactly what to do to defend himself and unfortunately I never thought this would happen to him," Rosas said.

At the spot where Agent Rosas was gunned down now stands a 12-foot cross and memorial. Rosalie remembers the first time she drove out to the spot where her husband died.

"I had this feeling when I went out there that this was not an accident. I got this horrible feeling that it had been planned so perfectly," she said.

Rosalie says she is waiting for the day the gunman is arrested and charged. But most of all, she wants everyone to know that her family is thankful for the outpouring of support.

"I just wish I could hug every single person that has thought about us, that has prayed about us, that has taken the time to send a card," Rosas said.

There is still a $360,000 reward offered for information leading to the arrest of the gunman.

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=11003370