Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will someone explain to me..

If Sen. Dole(R-NC) is against the Amnesty Bill. Why did she vote NOT to end the guest worker program in five years Will someone explain this to me. IF YOU CAN

Sen.(I can't find North Carolina. ) Dole (R-NC) is a big supporter of Bush and may be looking for away to sell North Carolina out Also she is up for reelection in 2008 If I was up for reelection I would have voted to end the guest worker program. How would you have voted
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

Will someone expain to me?

Because Bush has promised a "temporary guestworker program" to U.S. business interests and Mexico, and the Republican Senators have fallen in line behind the business interests. It was disappointing to see that, even after so many Republican Senators voted "No" to cloture on S. 1348 on May 21, they then voted against Sen. Dorgan's amendment on May 22 "to strike the nonimmigrant guestworker program". The two exceptions were Sen. Coburn (R-OK) and Sen. Vitter (R-LA), who then offered his own amendment of May 24 to strike illegal alien amnesty from the bill. Although the number of vote tallies are almost the same, the majority of senators voting to strike the "temporary worker program" were Democrats; the majority voting for the guestworker program but against amnesty were Republicans.

Thus, they really are voting along party lines: many Democrats are voting to support the interests of U.S. workers against a foreign guestworker program, but supporting amnesty for political reasons. True to their words, a number of Republicans are voting against "amnesty" while supporting the permanent guestworker program backed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Unlike, Sen. Burr, at least she voted in support of the Vitter's amendment that would have ended the legalization of 15 to 20 million illegal immigrants.

Texas2step is right, the Republicans for the most part are supporting Bush's guest-worker program. I don't like it either because I don't support the guest-worker program, but I support legalizing 15 to 20 million illegals even less. Dole has proven she does not support amnesty by voting in support of the Vitter's amendment. My prediction is, Sen. Dole will not vote in support of the overall bill, but chances are good that Burr will. We must keep the heat on both of them!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Unlike, Sen. Burr, at least she voted in support of the Vitter's amendment that would have ended the legalization of 15 to 20 million illegal immigrants.

Texas2step is right, the Republicans for the most part are supporting Bush's guest-worker program. I don't like it either because I don't support the guest-worker program, but I support legalizing 15 to 20 million illegals even less. Dole has proven she does not support amnesty by voting in support of the Vitter's amendment. My prediction is, Sen. Dole will not vote in support of the overall bill, but chances are good that Burr will. We must keep the heat on both of them!
    My prediction is, Sen. (I can't find North Carolina.) Dole WILL vote in support of the overall bill and we all know Sellout Burr will vote in support of the bill. Both are strong supporters of John McCain and the President
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>