Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will US revoke the right of American citizenship to foreigne

Will US revoke the right of American citizenship to foreigners born here?

A bill in the House of Representatives would change the 14th amendment to the US Constitution that grants anyone who is born on US soil the right of American citizenship. Efforts to revoke birthright citizenship could make it the new flashpoint in the debate over immigration.

By Matt Rocheleau, Correspondent / June 2, 2010

Anyone born on American soil is an American.

That’s an unconditional right, according to the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution.

It’s not an exclusively American practice. Worldwide, about 30 nations (mostly in the Western Hemisphere) have similar birthright citizenship policy. Citizenship based on where a person is born, is called jus soli which is Latin for “right of the soil."

But jus soli s primarily a New World right. Today, there are no European nations that grant jus soli. Most countries in Europe use a jus sanguinis policy, which determines citizenship based on having an ancestor who is a citizen.

A bill making its way through Congress, if passed, would bring the US more into line with current European birthright policies. But in the wake of the controversy over Arizona's new immigration policy, any changes to the 14th amendment would likely become another flashpoint in the debate over illegal immigrants.

"Many countries do not grant birthright citizenship because they have older histories and see themselves as individual nations with individual identities," explains John Skrentny, Director of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies and sociology professor at the University of California at San Diego. “Whereas the United States, like many other countries in the Western Hemisphere, began as, and has always seen itself as, a melting pot,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

notice how all the countries listed are in either north, central, or south America.

only Pakistan, Malaysia, and Fiji are not.

I am wondering...if they clarify the 14th ammendment.....will that be retroactive? Will anchor babies lose their citizenship? Because actually they were given citizenship in error. Will they have to apply for their citizenship?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I am wondering...if they clarify the 14th ammendment.....will that be retroactive? Will anchor babies lose their citizenship? Because actually they were given citizenship in error. Will they have to apply for their citizenship?
    In my opinion they do not have citizenship in the first place, if we apply the 14th Amendment correctly, as it was written and intended.

Allowing the current misinterpretation to stand for anyone only serves to excuse the error, and this is one inexcusable error!

And if we are diligent come November, I believe this does have a chance to pass.
    <div>
    </div>

I would wonder if those countries have this policy for reasons similar to the US: to allow indigenous groups representation in the government. Not as an overly generous come-on to border crossers.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    In my opinion they do not have citizenship in the first place, if we apply the 14th Amendment correctly, as it was written and intended.

Allowing the current misinterpretation to stand for anyone only serves to excuse the error, and this is one inexcusable error!

And if we are diligent come November, I believe this does have a chance to pass.
    I agree, they were never citizens in the first place. But they hold birth certificates and SS numbers. They should have never been given the SS numbers in the first place. I am wondering if those SS numbers will be revoked. Furthermore, they may have spnnsored family members based on that false citizenship. Would we also be able to nullify those citizenships? None of them are really citizens....it was all fake.

Quote Originally Posted by melena29

I agree, they were never citizens in the first place. But they hold birth certificates and SS numbers. They should have never been given the SS numbers in the first place. I am wondering if those SS numbers will be revoked. Furthermore, they may have spnnsored family members based on that false citizenship. Would we also be able to nullify those citizenships? None of them are really citizens....it was all fake.
    If we stand firm and demand these things, we should be able to accomplish this. Given the economic tsunami headed our way, I can't see Americans not organizing to accomplish these goals. But then again, I tend to be an optimist.
    <div>
    </div>

The Dirty 14th

The 14th Amendment was never properly ratified.

When it was it was done at bayonet point.

So much case law has been decided based on the Dirty 14th that SCOTUS will probably never declare it unconstitutional.

HOWEVER, SCOTUS could easily refine the "citizenship" clause to expose the original intent of its framers to deny birthright citizenship to ILLEGALS.

Check out:

http://www.constitution.org/14ll/squalid_14th.htm

http://www.14thamendment.us/birthrig...terpreted.html

http://federalistblog.us/2007/09/rev...isdiction.html

http://federalistblog.us/mt/articles...ummy_guide.htm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ives/8430.html

Keep the faith Patriots. We WILL take back "OUR COUNTRY"!