Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

But late Tuesday the Senate Democratic caucus removed both. Christine Neumann-Ortiz, the director of Voces, an immigrants rights group, said she was told that Carpenter told legislators that Latinos in his district were opposed to both measures.

"It's an absolute disgrace and unbelievable that he would make such a statement," she said during a hastily called news conference Wednesday morning.
    i wonder how does this woman know what people in his district tell him on the phone and in emails and faxes???

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let em cry!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I'M ONE American who believes we need rid of aLL ILLEGALS!!!

WE do not owe these illegals lawbreakers another dime of our tax money!!!!! It is time Americans who have any back bone start standing for the REAL AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONE'S WHO PAY TAXES AND STOP MURDERING OUR ECONOMY!!!!!!!!! IT'S TIME TO SHOW YOU LAWBREAKING,GANG LEADING DRUG RUNNER'S!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE YOUR BORDER END'S AND TRUE LEGAL AMERICAN'S LIVE!!!!!!!!!! MOD EDIT

Carpenter is an idiot...in-state tuition is NOT a fundamental right of any kind for anyone. It is a privilege established by the state legislature upon legal residents of the state of Wisconsin who meet eligibility standards proscribed by statute. It's long been established by the courts nationwide that a driver's license is a privilege and not a right either. It's revocable and states can decide who is eligible to obtain this privilege.

Illegals and their advocates need to realize that legal immigrants are starting to get fed up hearing their whining and unjustified, and undeserved demands for entitlements, benefits and privileges of citizenship and legal residency. Basta ya!

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    Illegals and their advocates need to realize that legal immigrants are starting to get fed up hearing their whining and unjustified, and undeserved demands for entitlements, benefits and privileges of citizenship and legal residency. Basta ya!
    These Legal Immigrants deserve to be called fellow Americans and I proudly do so!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal is illegal where I come from!

It just goes on and on! What part of "illegal" do they not understand?
    Kane

Below is a Blog on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal that "keeps track on the Latino community in Milwaukee" discussing their reaction to the Wisconsin State Senate actions. So far the comments seem to be about 50% Pro-ILLEGALS. A little off the subject but do you think the Blog's author, Georgia Pabst, is of Pabst Blue Ribbon fame?

News and Opinion Blogs
    Latino ConnectionJournal Sentinel reporter Georgia Pabst tracks the Latino community in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and beyond.

Leaders swift to react
    By Georgia Pabst of the Journal Sentinel
    Jun. 17, 2009

Latino leaders didnt waste anytime gathering the troups this morning to react to the action taken late Tuesday by the State Senate Democrats in caucus that removed from the budget bill in-state college tuition for some undocumented immigrants and driver license cards for illegal immigrants.

Voces de la Frontera and others in the Latino community have been pushing hard for driver's license cards so that those who can't prove they are citizens can drive legally and safely. Under the federal REAL ID provision, proof of citizenship is required to get a state issued driver's license because it's used for identification at airports when boarding planes. The cards couldn't be good for official ID, but used only to drive.

And the in-state college tuition for some illegal immigrants has been been on the legislataive agenda for many Latino groups for several years now.

Both measures made it through the Assembly and Joint Finance. In-state tuition was also in the governor's budget. Both were also championed by State Rep Pedro Colón, (D-Milwaukee) the lone Latino in the legislature.

But national anti-immigration organizations, such as the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), have sent e-mail blasts urging their supporters to write Wisconsin officials to oppose in-state tuition, in particular.

At the press conference at Voces offices earlier today, there was standing room with supporters that included religious, educational and community leader streaming out the door.

Christine Neumann-Ortiz, the director of Voces and others said they were outraged that the two provisons were pulled. And while most of the outrage was directed at State Sen. Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee), whose district is heavily Latino, other Democrats were also targeted for calls to try to get the action reversed.

The budget battle continues.

Post a Comment
    Comments (20) View Comments »
    Permalink | Email This Blog

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/48287232.html

Way to go Wisconsin. Finally politicians with guts! I would bet that legal Hispanics didn't want those bills to pass. In the immortal words of Nelson from the Simpsons, "Ha Ha".
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Students, along with business and religious leaders, also voiced anger over the vote of state Sen. Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee), who represents a district with a large Latino population.

He represents a large American Latino population? Or do the leaders mean he represents a large group of American and illegal alien Latinos?

I appreciate that Carpenter represents Wisconsin and it's citizens. We very much need to let him know how we appreciate his vote.

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/senate/sen03/news/

C O N T A C T S E N A T O R C A R P E N T E R

Please give me a call anytime, toll-free, at (800) 249-8173 or email me at Sen.Carpenter@legis.wisconsin.gov. Do not hesitate to speak with one of my staff members, as they will be sure to pass on your information to me. For an easy to read listing of my address, phone and fax number, email address, simply click below.

Madison Office
    Room 306 South
    State Capitol
    P.O. Box 7882
    Madison, WI 53707-7882

Telephone
    (60 266-8535
    (800) 249-8173

Fax
    (60 282-3543
    Voting Address
    2957 South 38th Street
    Milwaukee, WI 53215

District Telephone
    (414) 383-9161

Email Sen.Carpenter@legis.wisconsin.gov

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast