Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Witnesses: SUV Driver Fondling Woman Before Crash

Apr 17, 2007 8:30 pm US/Mountain
    Witnesses: SUV Driver Fondling Woman Before Crash

BLUFF Federal authorities filed a criminal charge Tuesday against the driver of a sport utility vehicle that crashed in southeastern Utah, killing eight illegal immigrants packed inside.

Rigoberto Salas-Lopez, 30, was charged with one count of transporting illegal immigrants resulting in death. Eight of the 14 people in the Chevy Suburban died after it rolled several times on U.S. 191 a few hours before dawn Monday.

Authorities determined that the driver and passengers were from Guatemala and Mexico. Salas-Lopez was arrested after fleeing into the desert after the crash in the Four Corners area of Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado.

He said he was given the vehicle by a man in Phoenix who offered him $1,000 to drive the people to St. Louis from Phoenix, according to an affidavit by Timothy Chard, an agent with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Salas also stated that he knew the individuals in the vehicle were from Mexico and Guatemala and that they were in the United States illegally,” Chard wrote.

Some survivors told agents that Salas-Lopez was fondling a woman before the crash – accounts that contradict his claim that he was trying to avoid hitting an animal.

“According to interviews by ICE that potentially was not the case,” said Lt. Todd Peterson of the Utah Highway Patrol. “The driver was involved in fondling or groping a female in the vehicle and that was the potential reason for the distracted driving.”

On Oct. 11, 2005, a van loaded with 16 people, all but one in the U.S. illegally, rolled on U.S. 191 near Moab in Grand County, killing two. The driver was sentenced to two years in federal prison.
    http://kutv.com/local/local_story_107153411.html

That woman was part of the deal. Those smugglers exploit women all the time because they are likely to get away with it.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    That woman was part of the deal. Those smugglers exploit women all the time because they are likely to get away with it.

Dixie
    Yet another thing the OB crowd seems to be ok with.

The men get away with it because often women allow them to. Living in Miami I see how some of them act and it doesn't matter if they are legal or not. As far as I am concerned if they show men their crotch then they are giving them an open invitation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    The men get away with it because often women allow them to. Living in Miami I see how some of them act and it doesn't matter if they are legal or not. As far as I am concerned if they show men their crotch then they are giving them an open invitation.
    Oh I know, it's that whole culture. A he knew the people were illegal B. he fondles a woman while driving, which if I recall was not part of my defensive driving course. C. After he wrecks the vehicle he takes off running.
    Complete and total scum.

People run from accidents often if they can't drive the car away. They do so for the following reasons a) the car is stolen, b) they are drunk or high, c) they don't have a valid driver's license, d) they are illegal or e) both c) and d). In South Florida it is often e).

I'm sorry but I have to say it. More "family values"????