Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wkgn:possible voter reg. fraud -IA's registering

You've got to go to the link an see the video and see the fraudulent cards. One is marked with 'can't vote, not a US citizen.' They are worried about this will affect local races. In particular Waukegan has four people running for mayor. One of them would rescind our 287g application and basically make us a sanctuary city.

There have been MANY immigrant voter registration drives in my county. So who knows how widespread this fraud is...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=6455911

Possible voter registration fraud problems
    Friday, October 17, 2008 | 6:45 PM
    By Stacey Baca

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Questions have come up about possible vote fraud in Lake County, Illinois.

Local authorities say they have discovered discrepancies in hundreds of motor voter registrations. They say, in one case, someone registered a dog to vote.

"Campaigns and candidates need to realize that things can be wrong. We can't say with assurance that all the people in our voter rolls are valid residents at the address where they are registered," said Lake County Clerk Willard Helander.

Helander wants to get on the record before Election Day. She says there has been an unprecedented number of problems with the mail-in voter registration cards. The clerk also says registering by mail is based on an honors system, a system that has been breached in Lake County.

"I believe we're seeing the full blossom of this potential showing itself. There has been misappropriation, but this level is shocking," Helander said.

The clerk says she has seen various problems. For example, deceased voters have been revived. Residents who are not even eligible to vote have received cards. On one card, a person wrote, "cannot vote - not a US citizen." Another card had a voter named Princess. It turns out, 'Princess' is not only dead, but Princess was a goldfish. When asked about race or ethnic group, another person wrote canine. And these are the cards that were caught. The clerk is worried about the ones that weren't.

"I'm concerned because we don't how many people have come to register who don't live in at an address and they have a good address in Lake County, but we don't know if they live there or not and we mailed them a card," said the clerk.

In the meantime, workers are swamped dealing with all the voter issues. There are nearly 389,000 voters in Lake County, and since Monday, 16,000 of them have decided to vote early.

"That's what I'm doing today. So it's my way of avoiding a lot of confusion and hectic times ahead over the next few days," said Steve Shockley, early voter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Wkgn:possible voter reg. fraud -IA's registering

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    You've got to go to the link an see the video and see the fraudulent cards. One is marked with 'can't vote, not a US citizen.' They are worried about this will affect local races. In particular Waukegan has four people running for mayor. One of them would rescind our 287g application and basically make us a sanctuary city.

There have been MANY immigrant voter registration drives in my county. So who knows how widespread this fraud is...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=6455911

Possible voter registration fraud problems
    Friday, October 17, 2008 | 6:45 PM
    By Stacey Baca

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Questions have come up about possible vote fraud in Lake County, Illinois.

Local authorities say they have discovered discrepancies in hundreds of motor voter registrations. They say, in one case, someone registered a dog to vote.

"Campaigns and candidates need to realize that things can be wrong. We can't say with assurance that all the people in our voter rolls are valid residents at the address where they are registered," said Lake County Clerk Willard Helander.

Helander wants to get on the record before Election Day. She says there has been an unprecedented number of problems with the mail-in voter registration cards. The clerk also says registering by mail is based on an honors system, a system that has been breached in Lake County.

"I believe we're seeing the full blossom of this potential showing itself. There has been misappropriation, but this level is shocking," Helander said.

The clerk says she has seen various problems. For example, deceased voters have been revived. Residents who are not even eligible to vote have received cards. On one card, a person wrote, "cannot vote - not a US citizen." Another card had a voter named Princess. It turns out, 'Princess' is not only dead, but Princess was a goldfish. When asked about race or ethnic group, another person wrote canine. And these are the cards that were caught. The clerk is worried about the ones that weren't.

"I'm concerned because we don't how many people have come to register who don't live in at an address and they have a good address in Lake County, but we don't know if they live there or not and we mailed them a card," said the clerk.

In the meantime, workers are swamped dealing with all the voter issues. There are nearly 389,000 voters in Lake County, and since Monday, 16,000 of them have decided to vote early.

"That's what I'm doing today. So it's my way of avoiding a lot of confusion and hectic times ahead over the next few days," said Steve Shockley, early voter.
    You know how they do it in Illinois. Keep in mind Obama helped author and pass motor voter legislation. I'm sure all of the illegal aliens in Chicago have already voted early and often.

I've been meaning to ask you whether you checked out Mayor Daley at the democratic convention. He was there cheering for Obama every single day. So far, my area of DuPage County has few if any illegals. But if Obama is elected we can count on it to get worse for us in every single county. If Durbin is re-elected we will have to fight amnesty and the DreamAct simultaneously and twice as hard for the next 4 years
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

What next...a registration card for Mr. Cellophane....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    What next...a registration card for Mr. Cellophane....

And don't forget Mrs. U.B. Kidding. And the honorable I. Moto Votah.

These are examples of fraudulent registrations my son's social studies teacher used as part of their government lessons this past week.

Wow, they will be conducting a full out investigation it appears. I am SO glad. We have had many immigrant voter registration drives around here as well. Will those be checked?

County investigates voter registration fraud
    Forms listed dead people, pets
    Recommend
    Comments

October 18, 2008
    By JIM NEWTON jnewton@scn1.com

Pointing to more than 1,000 "compromised" registration forms received by her office, County Clerk Willard Helander called Friday for voter registration reform to protect the integrity of elections.

Meanwhile, the Lake County State's Attorney's Office and the Lake County Sheriff's Office confirmed the initiation of a joint investigation into the registration forms, which include non-existent addresses, dead people and even pets.
    » Click to enlarge image
    On this voter registration application, the applicant was dead -- and a goldfish.

» Click to enlarge image
    Lake County Clerk Willard Helander talks about the bad voter registration applications received by her office.
    (Michael Schmidt/News-Sun)

Helander said information on the registrations, all of which involved mail-in voter registration forms, has also been forwarded to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office, the U.S. attorney's office and the FBI.

Receipt of the false registrations is "unprecedented" in Lake County and could call into question the integrity of election results in extremely close races, Helander said.

"We are concerned," she said. "If you have a race that is decided by two or five or 10 votes, you're going to care greatly."

Officials indicated that more than 800 of the forms were turned into the clerk's office by a Chicago resident claiming to represent several community organizations in Lake County.

The registrations involved were primarily located in eastern areas of the county, Helander said, and concentrated in the 10th Congressional District where Republican U.S. Rep. Mark Kirk faces Democratic challenger Dan Seals.

Standing in front of stacks of the registrations in question, Helander said they point to the need for tighter registration guidelines, and possibly the elimination of mail-in registration, which requires no photo identification or second-person verification.

"Even if we know this is fraud, the persons that did this may never be caught," Helander said. "This system has no safeguards."

Sheriff Mark Curran said the investigation has the potential to result in serious charges.

"Clearly there are forgery issues and what have you that are felonies and serious issues that are being investigated," Curran said. "At this point it's hard to say how far it's going to lead."

In addition to the registrations turned in by the individual, Helander said she is also very concerned about registrations that involved valid addresses but were not filled out by the residents of those homes.

Some residents who received mass-mailed registration forms with incorrect information such as the name of deceased people or pets brought those forms to the attention of the clerk's office.

Helander said anyone who has received suspicious registration materials should contact her office at (847) 377-2410.

Helander said some of the mass-mailed forms received locally with incorrect information were sent by a nationwide group, Women's Voices. Women Vote, a voter empowerment group for unmarried women.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article

dupage county is jammed with illegal aliens. bensenville, addison, wooddale, lombard,villa park are loaded and have been for decades.the elections should be stopped untill these criminals can be kept from voting.

Fedup: The last time I voted I actually saw a young Hispanic man who wanted to vote, even though he spoke no English. Now, I always thought that knowledge of English was a requirement of citizenship with very few exceptions, being very elderly one of them. Not being one to keep my mouth shut, I pleasantly suggested that they call the Community Police and request a bi-lingual officer to help the man. What a shock, he said "no, no" and left. Do you think it could have been the word "police"?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow