Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wkgnites held in IA on drug charges, $1 million in cocaine

Well I hope our police are on this like a hot potato. This town feels likes it's ready to blow. We have had an explosion of grafitti lately especially around the schools. I saw an M-13 tag. Two more of our fine citizens represent...

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4

Waukeganites held on Iowa drug charges More than $1 million in cocaine discovered after traffic stop

(http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article)

March 16, 2007

NEWS-SUN STAFF REPORT

ADEL, Iowa -- Two Waukegan men were found with more than $1 million worth of cocaine just outside Des Moines.

Authorities in Dallas County, Iowa arrested Victor Pena-Ponce, 31 and Adrian Abundiz-Vargas, 22, both of 2627 Sycamore Drive, after finding 22 pounds of cocaine in a secret compartment of their car during a traffic stop.

A media release from the Dallas County Sheriff's Department said Thursday that Pena-Ponce (aka Ramiro Prado-Diaz) was driving the vehicle that got pulled over Monday. Sheriff's deputies and members of the Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force became suspicious of the men during the traffic stop and asked to search the vehicle.

During the search, two police dogs located the narcotics in an unidentified compartment.

Dallas County authorities did not return calls seeking comment Thursday afternoon. It is unknown if the men were returning to Waukegan with the drugs.

Waukegan police and agents of the Lake County Metropolitan Enforcement Group said they were not aware of any drug connection with the region or of the pair.

The amount of cocaine found in the men's vehicle has a street value of about $1.35 million, said Lake County MEG Deputy Director Keith Frederk. If sold in bulk, the cocaine has a value of more than $200,000.

Pena-Ponce and Abundiz-Vargas have been charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, failure to affix drug tax stamps and conspiracy to deliver cocaine. Each is being held in Dallas County in lieu of $269,750 bond.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the only way that drug smuggling is going to stop is to completely close the border. Build the fence and put the military on the border.

fedup,

Does your mayor hang at the country club with those guys?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

fed up- I was just on Waukegan Whispers and didn't see this posted. Is it there? Am I missing something?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Hi Annie,

Someone posted it under an amusing title on the town forum;

"Waukegan Goodwill Committee"

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6612

They published the address of these two guys -I'm going to go look it up on satilite (sp?) google thing to see where these two goons come from.

Our mayor Dixie, oh boy....I'm not even sure where to begin with his comments. OUr city isn't going anywhere with this issue if he thinks like that...