Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman injured during protest at monument

http://www.sgvtribune.com/Stories/0%2C1 ... %2C00.html

Article Published: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 8:01:00 PM PST

Woman injured during protest at monument

By Christina L. Esparza , Staff Writer

BALDWIN PARK -- A 66- year-old woman hurt during a protest at the Metrolink station over the weekend is recovering at home as police search for the person responsible for her injuries, officials said Monday.
    The unidentified woman was released from Citrus Valley Medical Center Queen of the Valley Campus on Sunday, officials said.

She was hit in the head with a water bottle as she stood Saturday at the station with members of Save Our State, a group protesting the Danza Indigenas monument they say is un- American, racist and seditious.

A doctor at the hospital said she suffered an "inner cranial trauma,' police officials said.

Baldwin Park police Sgt. David Reynoso said police have a videotape of the incident and are still reviewing it to see if the culprit can be found.

Investigators also are looking to the public for answers. Anyone who saw the person who threw the bottle could come forward and remain anonymous if they wish.

"We understand people have the First Amendment right to assemble and free speech. We don't discourage that,' Reynoso said. "What we do discourage is acts of violence, such as throwing water bottles. We ask people to keep calm, respect everybody and obey the laws.'

Police say the bottle came from the roughly 300 counter-protesters who showed up.

Save Our State had about 25 supporters at the site, police said.

Joseph Turner, executive director of Save Our State, said he was disappointed in the turnout from his members . Many of thos e slated to attend canceled because they feared for their safety.

Turner said the counter-demonstrators were kicking the American flag on the ground and shouting profanities and racist remarks to the group.

However, the group plans more demonstrations in the future and may have one slated for July 4, he said.

He has said the group will take "other steps' to remove the quotes by the first week of July, although he would not speculate on what those steps are.

"We're not walking away and giving up,' Turner said.

The group was protesting two quotes engraved on the monument, including "It was better before they came,' and "This land was Mexican once, was Indian always and is, and will be again.'

Its artist, Judy Baca who created the piece 12 years ago said the work was a layering of history in Baldwin Park and the San Gabriel Valley, and the quotes came directly from people in the community.

Save Our State supporters said those quotes promote the radical belief of returning California back to Mexico. However, Baca said the "It was better before they came' quote was uttered by a white man from Arkansas in reference to Mexican immigrants.

Robin Hvidston of Upland said she was next to the woman hit by the bottle.

"She went down and I stayed with her until paramedics arrived and took her to Queen of the Valley hospital,' Hvidston said.

She said the bottle came from above where the police were standing and hit the woman in the forehead. She said the woman has no memory of being hit.

Penny Magnotto, 61, of Riverside County was there as well.

"I thought it was horrible. I thought the whole thing was horrible.' She described the counter-protesters as "hundreds of mean, nasty people.'

"We are a peaceful, passive group, we are not into the physicalities that these people are into.'

Baldwin Park Mayor Manuel Lozano said he blames Turner for the woman's injuries because he took senior citizens to an event that could have become dangerous.

He contends Turner is preying on senior citizens to market "himself to make a big organization and spread his hatred throughout the region.'

"I was literally outraged,' Lozano said. "He should be held accountable for using senior citizens in that capacity.' Staff Writer Phil Drake contributed to this report. C hristina L. Esparza can be reached at (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2472, or by e-mail at christina.esparza@sgvn.com .

RedGirl1 looks like a front page item.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sure does. Nice to see the mayor is supportive of American Ideals.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Ya Redgirl, this is a very revealing piece. It shows the Mayor as being the culprit in my book.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm 6'2" , 220 lbs and can bench 300 lbs. I will be at the Texas MMP. I cannot fathom how any person could throw a water bottle at a 60 YO woman and put her in the hospital. Her face should be on the front page of every newpaper in this country. The hispanics I KNOW would never DREAM of assaulting a mother or grandmother or whatever this woman was/is, so I have to ask what the hell is going on here?

This is just like Terry Graham getting beaten up by that idiot woman in Denver. If this is the calibre of "diversity" we are courting, we had better wake up. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. We Americans have been spoiled, dumbed down, and ignorant about what we are losing but I think it's time we strong males step up to the plate again. Maybe I'm "old fashioned" at age 40 but I was raised to understand that you NEVER raise your hand to a woman just like you NEVER bully somebody smaller and weaker than you. If that's a crime I'm guilty and PROUD of it.

You go, Bob...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I'm 6'2" , 220 lbs and can bench 300 lbs. I will be at the Texas MMP. I cannot fathom how any person could throw a water bottle at a 60 YO woman and put her in the hospital. Her face should be on the front page of every newpaper in this country. The hispanics I KNOW would never DREAM of assaulting a mother or grandmother or whatever this woman was/is, so I have to ask what the hell is going on here?

This is just like Terry Graham getting beaten up by that idiot woman in Denver. If this is the calibre of "diversity" we are courting, we had better wake up. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. We Americans have been spoiled, dumbed down, and ignorant about what we are losing but I think it's time we strong males step up to the plate again. Maybe I'm "old fashioned" at age 40 but I was raised to understand that you NEVER raise your hand to a woman just like you NEVER bully somebody smaller and weaker than you. If that's a crime I'm guilty and PROUD of it.
    We need some muscle like this at our rallies out here in So. Cal.

Yep, Front Pager alright, http://www.alipac.us/article-412--0-0.html

Latest Video from Baldwin Park

New video clips from another camera, this one captured the last hour...not
    seen yet. The last one is the best

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=SOS_BP1

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=SOS_BP2

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=SOS_BP3
    If you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will give you trouble in the land where you will live.'

New Video of Baldwin park

Check out teaser 2 and 3. Number two you see a guy yelling he hopes Dottie has a heart attack. In number three, they are yelling "Infantada."

http://www.kirkbytv.com/index2.htm
    If you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will give you trouble in the land where you will live.'