Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman who arranged marriages for IAs gets 46-months

Woman who arranged marriages for illegal immigrants gets 46-month prison sentence
    STAFF REPORT

ORLANDO — A former Russian translator for Daytona Beach’s chamber of commerce was sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison today as the ringleader of a local group that set up marriages for illegal immigrants.

Natalia Humm was sentenced to 46 months in federal prison, followed by three years supervised probation. She pleaded guilty in November to conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States, marriage fraud and immigration fraud. She already has served about six months in jail. The maximum sentence for her crimes was up to 15 years.

Humm, 50, charged up to $10,000 to arrange illegal marriages to help immigrants from Uzbekistan, the former Soviet state of Georgia and Israel to fraudulently obtain green cards.

Since 2004, she performed more than 10 illegal marriage ceremonies, officials said.

Her ex-husband, Larry Humm, a former Volusia County sheriff’s deputy, pleaded guilty in September to marriage fraud and conspiracy charges. He will face up to five years in prison when he’s sentenced.
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJ ... 021408.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just another job Americans won't do!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A former Russian translator for Daytona Beach’s chamber of commerce
    uhhhhhhhhhhh...why does the Daytona, Florida Chamber of Commerce need a Rusian translator. Oh, yeah that right...it's that diversity & multiculturalism with no assimilation so you can stay within your own imported culture and participate in American culture if and when it suits you, thing. How stupid of me.

why does the Daytona, Florida Chamber of Commerce need a Rusian translator.
    Thanks for asking the question that I was wondering about too...

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    why does the Daytona, Florida Chamber of Commerce need a Rusian translator.
    Thanks for asking the question that I was wondering about too...
    Now I'm wondering how many translaters are required here in NYC?
    I'm guesing the over/under is 50!