Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Writer owes Pearce an apology

OPINIONS & LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Writer owes Pearce an apology

Oct. 14, 2006 12:00 AM

This is in response to the juvenile name-calling and personal attack on state Rep. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, in Sunday's Viewpoints section ("Pearce clings to a cruel position").

Other than general whining, editorial writer Doug MacEachern has two complaints: one regarding Proposition 200 and the other illegal immigration.

I remind him that, despite interference by judges, Proposition 200 expressed the will of Arizona voters. As to illegal immigration, I challenge you to find any Arizonan politician in a competitive race who is willing to support amnesty.

What part of illegal is unclear? We are a nation of laws. Despite their presumed good intentions, these people violated U.S. law. If you don't like the law, work to change it.

Pearce is a proven leader in immigration reform. He is, without question, not a coward. I have never heard of him backing away from a fair and open debate.

MacEachern owes Pearce an apology. If he has the courage, he should debate Pearce publicly, in a neutral venue. Don't hide behind your column and ambush him.

We are not a nation if our borders are not secure. We are not a civilization if our laws are not enforced.

By the way, is The Arizona Republic registered as a PAC? - Royce Flora,
    Scottsdale

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... 4-142.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Owe Pence an appology! My tailpipe!

Pence and Hutchison owe America restitution for the bill they introduced designed to throw more of American away to an abundance of guest workers that don't know how to leave. Even worse, they get a path to citizenship. No more amnesty, no more increased former visa holding illegal aliens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Dixie wrote:

Owe Pence an appology! My tailpipe!

Pence and Hutchison owe America restitution for the bill they introduced designed to throw more of American away to an abundance of guest workers that don't know how to leave. Even worse, they get a path to citizenship. No more amnesty, no more increased former visa holding illegal aliens.

Dixie
    Not Pence, Rep. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa. You must be getting tired again, Dixie.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW,

That’s at least twice that you’ve caught me! I swear, I'm clean, sober and can read! I've been sleep deprived this week. Maybe I need to take up drinking coffee again. I quit a lot of my bad habits but I think it has ruined me. I quit smoking, and I rarely drink alcohol, I gave up Coke and coffee... My body must need all those chemicals, to function at full capacity. Maybe I need new glasses! Maybe I'm just grumpy and want to complain, so I'm making things up. I’m pathetic!

Maybe a trip to the Kinky Fest will right all the wrongs.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Dixie wrote:

MW,

That’s at least twice that you’ve caught me! I swear, I'm clean, sober and can read!

I’m pathetic!
    No, no, no - far from it. If you want to see pathetic, look no further than the United States Congress and President Bush.

Maybe a trip to the Kinky Fest will right all the wrongs.
    Perhaps, but I wouldn't expect too much if I was you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn