Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wyoming - High School Students Revolt After Principal CANCELS ‘AMERICA PRIDE DAY’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wyoming - High School Students Revolt After Principal CANCELS ‘AMERICA PRIDE DAY’

Posted By Eric Owens On 11:52 PM 10/04/2015

Students at a Wyoming high school took matters into their own hands last week by festooning themselves in the colors of the American flag after the principal and an assistant principal canceled “America Pride Day” over concerns that some immigrant students could feel sad and left out.

The scene of the red, white and blue brouhaha was Jackson Hole High School in Jackson, Wyo., reports the Jackson Hole News&Guide.

In response to a decision by school officials to replace a previously-held “America Pride Day” with “College Day” as part of this year’s homecoming festivities, a large group of senior students and some juniors protested by bedecking themselves with American flag capes, American flag headbands, American flag shorts and all manner of beautifully and garishly patriotic American flag ornamentation.

After school, one kid also drove a diesel truck around the parking lot with a bunch of American flags waving in the breeze.

Jackson Hole High principal Scott Crisp blamed the results of a student survey and his concerns that some students may feel excluded if they see an American flag for the administration’s decision to cancel “America Pride Day.”

“Three times as many students indicated that they were not in support of selecting the title ‘America Day,'” Crisp told the News&Guide. “I’m charged with looking at a school with 660 kids, and I have to ensure that all those kids feel part of a student body. Regardless of the name of the day, we want to ensure that activities of the week…bring our students together holistically as a student body.”

The News&Guide notes that “America Day” had been voted as the third-most popular theme for homecoming week. Each day of homecoming week was supposed to have a theme at the high school. Monday was “Lumberjack Day,” for example. The theme was flannel. Thursday was toga day. Friday was the day to wear school colors.

The community newspaper also notes that, while Crisp pointedly failed to identify the students who might feel left out upon seeing American flags, the surrounding Teton County school district is home to a substantial population of Latino students.

The Jackson Hole High 2015-16 school profile webpage and other Teton district webpages offer the opportunity to translate text into a single alternative language: Spanish.

Jackson Hole High activities director (and assistant principal) Mike Hansen said he favored canceling “America Pride Day” because some students may not feel American and, thus, could feel “targeted and singled out by this day.”

“Maybe they moved here last week. Maybe they moved here last month,” Hansen told the News&Guide, referencing the students who enjoy free education and much else in the shadow of a world-class ski resort.

“We’re trying to balance many different things here,” the activities director added. “We’re trying to be inclusive and safe, make everyone feel welcome.”

Students protesting to replace “America Day” with “College Day” were ironically liable to make some students feel left out.

“What if you can’t afford college?” senior Harry Burt asked, according to the local paper. “There’s a lot of kids here that can’t afford college. College is not an option for them. It’s more discriminatory.”

Local parents were also outraged at what they viewed as a ridiculously politically-correct decision by administrators.

“It’s homecoming week and our school administration thought it was too ‘offensive’ to have an America Pride Day!” mad dad Ted Dawson wrote on his personal Facebook page. “Where have we gone so wrong! I don’t care what race or religion you are, you live here, benefit from the schools, enjoy tax benefits or whatever- your an American or at least you better be!”

Dawson posted photos of his children adorned in maximal patriotic attire. His son Theo, a senior running back on the 5-1 Jackson Hole Broncs football team, wore above-the-knee American flag shorts and a shirt with a U.S. military motif. Stormy Dawson sported an American flag shirt, an American flag headband and a big U.S. flag as a cape.

In its big homecoming football game, Jackson Hole High beat Green River High by a score of 26-15.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/04/hi...ica-pride-day/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Jim Carrey reacting to this news as the homecoming queen at that school:

They need to assimilate by participating in the customs of their new nation or return to wherever they feel a part of!! Return not tomorrow, yesterday would have been wonderful!

All these "immigrant" students need to go home. They all need to be deported.

Good for the Wyoming American Students, standing up for their country! Something way too many adults in this poor declining country are too cowardly and stupid to do.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Shouldn't this (American Pride Day) be considered part of the assimilation process for immigrants desiring to someday become American citizens? IMO, school leadership should be eager to aid immigrant children in the assimilation process.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Foreigners living here are supposed to assimilate to our culture and country. Since when is an entire nation supposed to change, to assimilate to aliens, many of whom are illegal foreigner squatters who should not even be here.

Look people, we all know this has nothing to do with being kind and sensitive to aliens; it is an intentional systematic dismantling of our society and culture. A culture is its people, destroy the people and you destroy the culture. There is something very abnormal going on here. And it cannot be benevolent or benign.

For a long time cultural Marxists have been calling themselves “citizens of the world.” The very concept is a rejection of independent sovereign countries. They are willing to gut 1500 years of Western culture,. a culture unique to Europe when the Christian church filled the vacuum after the fall of Rome.

Of course it is only White European and American kids who spout that crap. Nobody in Africa, nobody in Asia, nobody in South America, just dumb ass college children in the West. We are in a struggle for the survival of our culture our entire way of life, a magnificent beautiful culture, because dumb ass cultural Marxists have delusions of a one world of everybody that is somehow, just somehow going to be superior to the US and Europe. Of course there are the hugely rich Megalomaniacs who have an insatiable lust for power and empire building. Think Napoleon.

The multicultural delusion is a rejection of the very idea of a unique American or European culture. And without explanation it is simply sold to us a something really great. Why?
    because they say so. Who decided that the USA should be a macro UN? Certainly not its real citizens.
    Last edited by csarbww; 10-06-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Look, I'm not sure why there was an America Pride event in the schools to begin with, but whether it was right or needed or not, it should not be canceled because it makes illegal aliens feel "left out".

Since when do schools need America Pride events? Is it because we have so much negativity against Americans, that it is now necessary for schools to try to overcome that with America Pride events?

Just wondering. I don't remember any of US wanting to wear flags to school or t-shirts with the flag on it to emphasize our loyalty to our country. Is this now in question somehow? We had a dress code and couldn't have worn such stuff to begin with, but we all loved our country, we were are Americans and proud by nature to be so.

We're in such a sad time in our history. It's heart-breaking really. I was talking to an elderly aunt tonight and discussing our relatives now deceased, my Dad and her husband, my Uncle who were in WWII and what they endured, what they went through, what a magnificent under-appreciated achievement, a WW won on two fronts that covered the entire globe, in 3 years and 8 months. They didn't want any recognition, they didn't want a Memorial, they didn't want anything, except to come home, go to work, and forget.

Do we have that capability now?

We've been in Afghanistan for 13 years. We've been in Iraq for 11 years. We've been in Syria for 4 years. We were in Vietnam for 10 years.

WWII. 3 years. 8 months. Two fronts. The entire globe.

It's something to think about. I mean today, we don't even have the steel plants to make the equipment to fight a war.

Meanwhile, our traitors in DC are celebrating the 12 nation sell out of the rest of our industrial base with the conclusion of the negotiations on TPP.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-06-2015 at 10:31 AM.

MW
    Judy wrote:

Look, I'm not sure there was an America Pride event in the schools to begin with, but whether it was right or needed or not, it should not be canceled because it makes illegal aliens feel "left out".
    According to the article, American Pride Day, had previously been held at the school.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Judy wrote:

According to the article, American Pride Day, had previously been held at the school.
    My sentence should have read "I'm not sure why there was an America Pride event to begin with." Yes, there was one planned, I just don't know why there was one planned. Do you know why there was one planned? Does anyone?

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    My sentence should have read "I'm not sure why there was an America Pride event to begin with." Yes, there was one planned, I just don't know why there was one planned. Do you know why there was one planned? Does anyone?
    IMO, why not have an American Pride Day would be the question to ask. I see no harm in taking pride in your country and instilling patriotism in our youth. If the school had originally planned that venue to do that, I fully support it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast