You lie, indeed!

Posted: September 14, 2009
1:00 am Eastern
© 2009

Cheers to Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., for having the courage, in reality, the guts, to call Barack Obama what he is – a liar.

Wilson's two words – "You lie" – came during the president's speech to a joint session of Congress, which in reality was another Obama sales pitch to promote votes for his drastic revision of health care for this country.

Obama was reiterating that illegals would not be covered in the plan and, apparently, Wilson had enough and shouted out that the statement was a lie.

What did Obama say?

"There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

Wilson's response? "You lie."

Obama's reaction? "That's not true."

It was a direct challenge to the president of the United States, Barack Obama, that he was not speaking the truth; that he was lying to elected representatives of the citizens of the country and indeed, all Americans, about legislation that would affect every one of them for decades.

Nancy Pelosi nearly was nearly apoplectic on the podium. Wilson's outburst was a drastic breach of congressional protocol. You just don't do that.

I have a question for Nancy Pelosi: Just what is it you don't do? Tell a lie or speak the truth?

Who was most incorrect?

Was it Joe Wilson for having had enough of the outright falsehoods from the lips of the president about the health-care proposal and saying so?

Or was it the Obama teleprompter, which put the words in the mouth of the president?

Or was the president himself for mouthing the words that do not reflect the truth of the plan as it exists today?

I have the full copy of H.R. 3200 at home on my dining room table – all 1,017 pages of it. I've read it all. There's nothing in it that screens out non-residents, much less illegal aliens.

Indeed, two congressional committee attempts to pass legislation to specifically require proof of legality were twice voted down by Democrats.

That speaks volumes; they do not want illegal aliens screened out from receiving benefits. How else do you interpret those votes?

How the president can continue to say otherwise speaks to only two possibilities.

One: he's reading speeches written by other people and put on his teleprompter, and he reads the words without questioning their veracity.

Or two: he knows the words do not support what's in the bill but says them anyway hoping to convince people because of his perceived invincibility and because he's bound and determined to have his way and get the bill passed in a form he wants.

To have a president blindly led by speechwriters and others in his administration with another agenda is unacceptable. But so is a president who deliberately attempts to mislead Congress and the country.

In the first instance, it would be a president who is stupid or easily led. In the second, it's a president who lies.

Barack Obama is neither not stupid nor easily led.

Joe Wilson saw that and finally spoke out. He said words that millions of American agree with, but they don't have the opportunity to tell the president, the administration or elected officials because their wall of separation protects them from the "masses."

But there are people who believe it's OK to say anything as long as you get what you want. They believe it's OK to lie, deceive, mislead – you name it.

There are verses in the Quran that say it's permissible to lie to your enemies to get what you want. Perhaps the president remembers those lessons from his schooling in Indonesia during his formative years.

Or perhaps he remembers the teachings of Marx and Lenin, reinforced by Saul Alinsky and supported by his Left-leaning friends from his youth who surround him today.

Or perhaps he's forgotten one of the Ten Commandments.

Regardless, we can see Obama's tactics and Rep. Joe Wilson called national attention to them.

GOP leaders quickly called Wilson on the protocol breach. They leaned on him to apologize to the president and he did issue an apology, but not directly to the president. Wilson met with and apologized to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. The president later said he accepted Wilson's words.

But it isn't over for congressional Democrats. House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn wants a resolution of public disapproval and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer wants Wilson to apologize to colleagues on the House floor.

Wilson has refused.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants more. While she hasn't called directly for censure, the possibility is in the mix. ABC News reports that her office says there'll be a vote to condemn Wilson this week unless he apologizes to the full House.

Thus far, Wilson refuses.

He admits his shout to the president wasn't the right thing to do, but says he'll continue to speak out about the truth.

Wilson released a fundraising video on Thursday on which he says: "The supporters of the government takeover of health care and the liberals who want to give health care to illegals are using my opposition as an excuse to distract from the critical questions being raised about this poorly conceived plan. I will not be muzzled. I will speak up loudly against this risky plan."

Apparently he's speaking words Americans want to hear. In just a few days, donations to his re-campaign reached nearly $1 million.

Hang in there, Rep. Wilson.

Don't cave into pressure to grovel. Too much is at stake.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=109681