Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AD THE NYT WOULD'VE RUN FOR MOVE ON.ORG DURING WWII

THE AD THE NEW YORK TIMES WOULD HAVE RUN
    FOR MOVE ON .ORG DURING WWII:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_6Y5ctiQjR7g/Rvk ... age001.jpg
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ROFLMAO That was too funny zeezil
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The war is a debatable issue but the support of our troops is not.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger

The war is a debatable issue but the support of our troops is not.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In a time of war, the war itself is not really debatable. We would have lost WWII if our people were not behind it 100%. Because our men and women are over there, we have no alternative but to win.

That being said, a lot of the freedoms we have been forced to give up, which in essence gives the terrorists a victory, is debatable. The leadership and execution of this war is also up for debate. I personally believe either we are at war or we are not. If we are at war, we can not be friends with the people we are fighting. It may sound cold hearted, but it should be all or nothing. Tying the hands of our soldiers is absurd. If we tried to win WWII without allowing any civilian casualties, we would all be speaking German right now. I say, lets get it over with and come home. by that I mean, stop prosecuting our soldiers for being in a bad situation and maybe not making the perfect decision under pressure. These are basically kids out there. It is easy to be an armchair quarterback, but war is not pretty, never has been. Lets let our troops win in Iraq. And lets get rid of the mercenaries like Blackwater.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

stop prosecuting our soldiers for being in a bad situation and maybe not making the perfect decision under pressure. These are basically kids out there. It is easy to be an armchair quarterback, but war is not pretty, never has been.
    Perfectly stated, Cayla. This very same thing has been bothering me over the entire course of the war. And you just put my thoughts into perfect perspective.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am willing to bet that a number of our dead heroes died because they hesitated before firing a weapon. Who wants to spend the rest of their lives in prison for a misjudgment? When your 18, you are looking at a long life behind bars.

Show of hands, who among us did something really stupid between the ages of 18 and 25, that you would never even dream of doing at your current age? (you don't have to tell us what it was )

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I am willing to bet that a number of our dead heroes died because they hesitated before firing a weapon. Who wants to spend the rest of their lives in prison for a misjudgment? When your 18, you are looking at a long life behind bars.

Show of hands, who among us did something really stupid between the ages of 18 and 25, that you would never even dream of doing at your current age? (you don't have to tell us what it was )
    Absolutely Cayla. This is war and we cannot have our soldiers be fearful of defending themselves. It bothers me that there is any discussion of our troops going on trial while we are still at war. If we send our troops to war-they deserve our utmost respect, support and in my opinion the right to defend themselves regardless of the cost. I make no apologies in saying I would rather have 1000 dead enemies than one dead soldier.

We have sent our soldiers to war and have tied their hands in defending themselves. That makes me absolutely sick. Yes some innocent civilians may die and that is sad and should be avoided when possible but I am most concerned with our troops who go to war and put their lives on the line for us. During a time of war soldiers should be able to defend themselves at all cost. Holding trials for soldiers who defended themselves is disgusting and a slap in the face to our brave men and women. The MSM and having troops imbedded with soldiers has become such a detriment to our troops safety. Just look at how the press and MSM totally incited these lowlifes during Vietnam to treat our soldiers like absolute crap. The MSM tried to lie and say our troops were not spit on or treated badly. I remember as a child being with a family friend and my uncle and they were spit on and called everyname in the book. Some names I did not understand as I was young-until my mom and dad explained exactly what was going on. Luckily, they were outnumbered and the hippies were beat to a pulp by other friends/family at the park we were at. This was my earliest lesson that our soldiers are to be praised, respected and supported-no questions asked. The media does not belong in war to the extent that they are.

It disgusts me that the same people who hide under the veil of the first amendment as they drive around in their suvs are the same ones who have no respect for our soldiers. They are such hypocrites. If these soldiers did not put their lives on the line daily, there would be no first ammendment or any other rights for that matter.
    Nicole