Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Danbury protest Saturday January 6, 2007

Newspaper ran 4 consecutive days of pro-Hispanic news infuriating the population due to stating that Immigrants were a benefit to the community. The immigrants are illegal aliens.

CTCIT disagreed and so did I. Result, protest in front of the News Times.

Biased - tilted news.

FAIR's flag

Connecticut patriots

Paul Streitz organizer

Illegal aliens just around the corner, unmolested, in Kennedy Park. 10% to 30% of these are already felons. Ticking time bombs. Murders rapists, child molesters on the streets with impunity.

According to discussions with Connecticut contractors these illegal aliens work for competition that is undercutting the legitimate employers who cannot compete due to low wages.

Whenever these Cities and towns try to remediate the illegal alien problem, Hispanic contracted whore arttorneys attack the towns.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/wetibbe/Mexicaninvasion023.jpg
    [/IMG]

Danbury police controlling Main Street

Bill Tibbe

How many people were there? Did you guys see any counter-protestors? Did the paper report anything on you guys?

By the way...way to go!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Good for them. These newspapers make you sick with their ridiculous views. I had it with the local rag here in Penna. I have read it daily since I was 16 years old and I finally had enough of their editorials knocking Mayor Barletta of Hazleton. I canceled the dam paper and I'll never buy it again. I'll get the news on the television.
    We need to hit these papers and the like by taking our business elsewhere. It's the only thing they understand.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Bill O'Reilly will every now and then report about the declining numbers of liberal fishwraps all over the country. He recommends the same thing: if you don't like the paper's slant, don't subscribe.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

God Bless Americans! Thanks for the story and photos.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Ahhh, can you come to our town next and protest?

Many people have canceled our local paper. Ryan Pagelow, reporter (?) prints pro-illegal alien articles all the time. The new editor wrote a column calling us all racists (who had submitted anti-illegal alien comments for the comment column). I posted it here when it came out.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ght=rutter
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Way to GO!

Good job my fellow Americans!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Give up the daily lies. You wont miss a thing but the stress.

Colorado boycott the news, post, westword and the Greely Tribune.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Immigration control group protests coverage

By Karen Ali
    THE NEWS-TIMES

DANBURY -- About 18 people turned out this morning in front of The News-Times building to protest the paper for what they believe is biased reporting on immigration.

The demonstration was organized by Paul Streitz, the co-director of CT Citizens for Immigration Control.

Streitz wants people to boycott the paper until reporters write about what he feels is the full impact of illegal immigration. "We wanted to raise awareness of the issue," Streitz said.

Streitz said the protest was in response to a four-day series, which ended Wednesday in The News-Times, called " Changes: Immigration's Impact on Greater Danbury ."

Streitz handed out fliers to several of the protesters, which he wanted them to pass on to the paper's advertisers, asking them to stop advertising in the newspaper. Streitz said The News-Times and other newspapers are "too politically correct."

"It's an attitude throughout the papers in Connecticut," Streitz said. "It's advocacy journalism."

Several of the protesters held signs with phrases like "The News-Times, News on a Slant."

A handful of people across the street from the newspaper's building at 333 Main St. were there to protest the protesters. One man held up a sign saying "Immigrants are Welcome. Racists are Not." Another man held up one saying "Veterans for Peace."

Several police officers and police vehicles were on hand to make sure the protest went smoothly. They blocked off the center lane of the road in front of The News-Times building for the one-hour demonstration.

Lt. Brian Merrick said police were there only as a precaution.

"They just wanted to make sure there were no problems," Merrick said.

There were very few pedestrians using the sidewalks Saturday morning, so the people demonstrating held signs mostly for the benefit of passing motorists. Occasionally, a motorist would stop and ask a question, honk or give a thumbs up.

Regarding the protest, News-Times Managing Editor for News Jacky Smith said, "We support their right to free speech and we stand by our coverage."

http://newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1027804

*( The 4 part series that set off the protests is seen here. Also are seen Mayor Boughtons comments about the city and his re-election in November. Readers comments are also seen )

Contact Karen Ali

at kali@newstimes.com

or (203) 731-3341.

this story has been read 219 times

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Comments posted/printed in The newspaper Sunday:

Posted by: wetibbe Sun, Jan 07 2007
    Delete Comment
    K . Ali.

Re: Your article about the protest. You can add my comments.

I attended the protest and I support the CTCIT groups efforts. The police did a marvelous job. It was quite a surprise to see that only 3 pacific, counter protesters appeared. Usually these protests in the North East draw pro illegal alien advocates that outnumber the patriots two or three to one and include ruffians that are very bellicose and menacing.

It was bizarre, for me, to go around the corner and see 75 to 100 day laborers in the Kennedy Park area waiting for pick up's. Traditionally the vast majority have always proven to be illegal aliens.

Quite frequently the news media omits the word illegal when referring to immigrants. That is clearly deception by omission and it is recognized by the public. Eighty five to ninety three percent of Americans want something done about the illegal immigrant invasion.

Bill Tibbe

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Bill Tibbe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast