Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Swatchick, how can you STAND living in Miami? I was born and raised there in 1970, before and after the major demographic changes...except for old buildings and memories not much is the same there anymore in my hometown. I'm up here in Margate now since 1995...got a break from "them" for about 5 years...it's more diverse up here (about a 1/3 white, 1/3 black and 1/3 Hispanic with a sprinkle of Asians) but Spanish is now again usually the first language I hear when I leave the house in the mornings....I'm sick of it all.

You mention you are part Native American...isn't it funny how the latinos scream "indigenous" but you don't see them assimilating to Native Americans when they come, let alone come to help Native Americans reclaim their landmass back-their plan is that all Native Americans get "latinized" (i.e. go ethnically and culturally extinct as Native Americans and become a carbon-copy of latinos). Here's an article by a famous Mexican philosopher calling for the annihlation of the U.S. government, as well as the European and Native American ethnic groups in America-and he dares to call his ethnic group superior!!

http://homepage.smc.edu/padilla_mario/E ... c_race.htm

And except for a few tribes like the Lokono (aka "Arawak" people going to become the Tekesta/"Tequesta" nation in FL, for example) prior to the Spaniards creating what would become Latin America there were no Amerindians like Aztecs that were allowed to come here to live without Native permission (it's a lie that they just came and settled wherever they wished-Natives had borders even though the borders were invisible). Latinos actually think they are superior to the three ethnic groups they came from (Amerindian, European and African) and call themselves the cosmic race or the race (la raza) for short.
    I'd get one of those Native shirts and wear it in downtown Little Havana or smack dab in the middle of Hialeah, in the heart of badness.... :P Just make sure you have a way to defend yourself. Or learn your grandpa's Native tongue and speak to them in that language when they refuse you service in English...when they look at you funny, say "I'm indigenous...I thought I heard you say you were indigenous too....so why don't you know my language? :P

By the way, I have some Lokono in me.

sacredrage: My biological grandfather is a Blackfoot Indian. I was an adopted child and raised by Eastern Europeans. They only spoke to me in their own languages and I was only within the community before I started school.
    I live in Miami but am moving back to Hollywood. Even there are you getting more of them but not as bad as in Miami. People there still serve you in English unlike in Miami Dade. One thing I found really makes Hispanics anger is people speaking another language besides English or Spanish. They give people dirty looks when they do it. So when I go out with my daughter I will speak one of my first languages as she is fluent in it as well. Anytime I go out with people who speak one of the 4 languages I speak we avoid speaking English when there are Spanish speakers close by. When they do come up to me speaking Spanish I reply using one of those 4 foreign languages I speak. You should see the look on their faces. A friend of mine works for the Miami Beach Police department and he does the same. He had a woman come up to him speaking Spanish and he replied in Russian. She must have been Cuban as she looked at him and said ruskey. Then he replied I just came from Havana last week even the Cuban cops that heard it were laughing.
    I think that since the marilitos came it has gone down here. Before that many people learned English with the exception of some housewives. If they didn't learn they stayed within their own community and didn't bother the rest of us. It was no different than some of the Chinese in China Town and Italians in Little Italy. Their relatives translated. from the 80's on between the Cubans and South Americans English started disappearing more and more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Swatchick-I love it! Give them their own medicine! And they say Americans are dumb because we only speak one language-what a bunch of hypocrites they are!

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    Swatchick-I love it! Give them their own medicine! And they say Americans are dumb because we only speak one language-what a bunch of hypocrites they are!
    They say that we only speak English due to their own ignorance. When I was growing up and living in Canada many of us spoke the language of our parents and grandparents but we were taught it was rude not to speak English in public. It was the same in most of the United States until all the Hispanics arrived be it legal or illegal and felt it was okay to speak their language in public and demand service in it. I remember visiting people in Livonia Michigan and relatives in Lake George and New York City and we all spoke English in public.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234