Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeland - Roundtable - 14th Amendment:

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There should be a discussion on SSI entitlement for foreign born "retirees."
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It amazes me that on the one hand you can distort and destroy the US Constitution and on the other, you can pick and choose the meaning or interpretation of the same document to suit your own ideas or purpose. And one day, the framer's "intent" is important and another day it is not important. I think this little round table discussion is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    There should be a discussion on SSI entitlement for foreign born "retirees."
    I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS COMMENT. THAT IS WHY THERE WILL BE NO COLA FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW FOR THOSE ON SOCIAL SECURITY. ITS NOT RIGHT OF OUR GOVERNMENT TO BE TAKING CARE OF CITIZENS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY WHO ARE IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT PEOPLE TO MAKE ENDS MEET THIS IS A SORRY BUNCH IN WASHINGTON AND THEY ALL DESERVE TO BE VOTED OUT

The SSI foreign "reitirees" I am referring to are actually here legally. But it is an overly generous welfare program, especially considering that they have not financially contributed to our federal treasury in the first place. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of those recipients might actually be working on the side, too, such as in a family business operated by their sponsoring offspring.

I would sooner let hem keep in touch via Skype, etc, and occasional jet flights back to visit them in the old country.. We need the SSi dollars to prop up our own Social Security.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I recalled this from Captainron's post. I am not sure where it stands now in 2010.

Totalization Agreement with Mexico

(quote)

Totalization Agreement

Social Security Totalization Agreements are designed so that workers and their employers would not be subject to double taxation, owing payroll taxes to both the country in which they work, and their home nation. In addition, totalization agreements allow workers to earn generic work "credits" good for receiving retirement benefits in either country. These credits from the United States and other countries can be totaled together to receive benefits. The U.S. currently has 24 totalization agreements with other nations, most having economies similar to our own.

The U.S. – Mexico Totalization Agreement—which was signed by the Social Security Administrations of both the U.S. and Mexico in 2004, and is due to undergo review by the current or future President(s)—continues to pose a threat to Social Security beneficiaries. Because of a loophole, if the President signs the final Executive Totalization Social Security Agreement with Mexico, it could lead to Social Security benefits going to individuals who worked in the U.S. while illegal.

Despite the efforts of TSCL and others, knowledge of the U.S – Mexico Totalization Agreement remains limited on Capitol Hill, and the issue flies under radar for the most part. TSCL has expressed its support for resolutions in opposition to the Totalization Agreement. In addition, TSCL is supportive of legislation, such as the Social Security Totalization Agreement Reform Act, which would grant more time for congressional review of these agreements.

TSCL has placed ads in The Washington Times in opposition to the proposed agreement and will continue to closely monitor the Totalization matter during the upcoming session of Congress.

(quote)

http://www.seniorsleague.org/index.php? ... &Itemid=87

http://www.tscl.org/NewContent/102618.asp'

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.