Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huckabee: give scholarships & in-state tuition to IAs

Stick a fork in him and nail the coffin shut:
    Monday, November 26, 2007
    NEWSFLASH: Exclusive Video of Mike Huckabee Calling for Scholarships and In-State Tuition for Illegal Aliens

link for video: http://arkjournal.com/2007/11/following ... orite.html

The following is from one of my favorite readers here at the Arkansas Journal.

---

Huckabee announces his desire to give scholarships to illegal aliens in his January 11, 2005 State of the State address. Huckabee doesn't say "illegal aliens". He uses the word "status". But a newspaper account makes clear his intentions, "Illegal aliens would be eligible for state taxpayer-funded college scholarships and in-state college tuition rates under a bill that was endorsed by a committee of the Arkansas House of Representatives on Tuesday. House Bill 1525 by Rep. Joyce Elliott, D-Little Rock, is part of Gov. Mike Huckabee’s legislative package. It easily won favor in the House Education Committee, of which Elliott is chairman." (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette 2/23/2005)

Rep. Joyce Elliott, D-Little Rock, said she had already planned to file a bill granting instate status to the children of immigrants who live in Arkansas and have applied to state universities. "It’s nice to know we will have an ally in the governor’s office." (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette 1/12/05)

Another newspaper account, "Gov. Mike Huckabee, who included the bill in his legislative package, drew a contrast between Wednesday's vote in support of illegal immigrants and the state's handling of the 1957 desegregation of Little Rock's Central High School. "They took a stand that Arkansas can be proud of,"Huckabee said in describing the House. "I think if we had taken a similar one in 1957, it would have made us proud for a long, long time." " (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette 2/24/2005)

---

Huckabee was insinuating that not giving taxpayer funded benefits to illegal aliens was akin to stopping the Little Rock Nine from attending Central High. Therefore, we're all racists if we don't think that we should have to give illegal aliens college scholarships, saying nothing of the U.S. citizens who would lose out on that same opportunity.

Huckabee calling those of us in Arkansas who opposed illegal immigration racists was par for the course. He went so far as to suggest that a Republican legislator wasn't a good Christian for proposing a bill to prohibit spending taxpayer money to give illegal aliens benefits, saying that he drank a different kind of "Jesus juice".

Huckabee ran Arkansas as a sanctuary state. "Do we want to change the future for these kids? Then let’s give them the opportunity. Let’s not say that our doors are open but our opportunities are closed," Huckabee said in his address.

Rep. Denny Altes, R-Fort Smith, said citizens’ children should come first in college scholarship eligibility. "What kind of message are we sending to the people south of the border, you know?" Altes said. "Are we saying, ‘Yeah, come on,’ or are we saying, ‘No. There’s still a border there.’" (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette 1/12/05)

There is much more to come on Huckabee's Sanctuary State in the coming weeks. I've said before that each of these posts is another nail in Huckabee's political coffin. I've got a whole box of nails.

Here's the link to the full text of the January 11, 2005 speech.

Here's are the links to the newspaper articles: 1, 2, and 3.

Here's a link to the progress the bill made and a link the original bill.
    http://arkjournal.com/2007/11/following ... orite.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Well ole Huck... you just lost my vote
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please e-mail this link to any media outlets in Iowa you can think of. We have to get the word on this faux conservative, amnesty-loving panderer.

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Well ole Huck... you just lost my vote
    Never had mine and NEVER WILL!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!