Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Is that the best they could do! A Projectile Burrito!
    Beans or No Beans that is the question.

Y'all looked like you had fun!!!!
    We sure did! Dallas Photos coming soon!

Dixie
    I was standing close by the man whose sign was smashed with the offensive flying burrito. That burrito was smashed very hard into his sign because I caught out of the corner of my eye the flimsy cardboard sign sent airborne into the road. My head was turned the other way when the burrito was hurled.

I'm really glad the N&O mentioned this projectile burrito and the offensive bandit(s) who hurled/smashed it into a sign one of our supporters was holding. From the looks, it appeared to be a wrapped Taco Bell bean burrito.

It's funny when you think about it.

The majority of people passing us were supportive with honking, thumbs up (instead of another well known finger gesture) and waving. Other than the burrito bandits, there was a rare four letter word.

On my way out and I was one of the last to leave, a couple on motorcycle stopped me. I was carrying my American flag and donning my t-shirt with a message for illegal aliens to go home. Apparently they heard about the protest on radio and I believed missed out on the timing. I mentioned ALIPAC and the website to them.

That is great John that you took a photograph of the burrito. I didn't but took up to ten photos of protesters. This wasn't with a digital camera plus I have more than half a roll of film to shoot yet (we need another rally soon so I can shoot the rest - nobody here I'm sure wants pics of my kids or cats). I will try to see about downloading pictures some time soon and you mentioned photo shops will copy film to a disk for downloading. I doubt the pics I took are much different from the ones you did with the angles and all.

Great protest, had fun and hope for another one soon.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Notice the headline on this N and O article.

"Small, vocal rally in Raleigh opposes illegal immigration"

That is exactly how they have been trying to portray our movement for the last year. Anyone remember El Pueblo's attacks in May of 2005 when we crushed the in-state tuition bill?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Notice the headline on this N and O article.

"Small, vocal rally in Raleigh opposes illegal immigration"

That is exactly how they have been trying to portray our movement for the last year. Anyone remember El Pueblo's attacks in May of 2005 when we crushed the in-state tuition bill?

W
    Yes. I noticed the headline and wasn't happy with the title either especially calling us a "small, vocal . . . " when we represent over 80% of the public. Just so happens the majority of US citizens are not used to standing up especially at protests, plus many still do not realize - I don't believe - the seriousness of this issue. They are waking up fast though, I believe.

I remember El Pueblo and was actively involved in contacting the NC Legislatures last year in opposing in-state tuition for illegal aliens. This was soon after I joined ALIPAC.

Thanks, William, for all that you do, and for bringing these issues to our attention. I have two children, one now just finishing 10th grade that wants to attend college but is disadvantaged financially thanks to divorce and doesn't need the extra competition from illegal alien children should she decide to attend an NC college. Not that she may be able to afford any college now anyway. Jobs are hard to find too for teens and college students. She's experiencing that problem right now and she WANTS to work. She was actually hired for a part-time job, but her boss is giving her almost no hours so she is looking again.

I have a story to share soon about the employment practices at a local Sweet Tomatoes buffet chain. Hadn't been in two years at least but it seems their employment practices are following that of Golden Corrals and other restaurant chains.

There goes more jobs for citizens....
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

Other than the burrito bandits
    I'm going to watch out for them in the future!!!!!! Coming to a protest near you! We get lots of fingers. Would you call the burrito an OTF? Other Than Finger?

The burrito is just so funny! When Burritos Fly! Coming to a head near you.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I really like the part about the burrito

You know you are doing something right when your opposition hurls a burrito at you.

W
    If I'd have known there was going to be free food I would have skipped lunch and gotten there earlier!

I also didn't realize the Consulate was next door to a Burger King and a Kroger......

I was only there for about the last hour. Like Annie said, we got a couple of one finger salutes but there were far more horn toots with thumbs up than negative replies. One guy was in the lanes opposite us and actually stopped in the traffic lane, rolled his window down and yelled why we weren't doning something about the employers who hired them. He appeared angry. We all responded we were.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    You should pass these out with some immigration websites urls on the back. Put up a sign on a table as Matricula Consulars and have information about the dangers of these cards.

Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Hey JohnB I'd be careful about those thrown burritos as they may be filled with something other than beans, LOL
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    Hey JohnB I'd be careful about those thrown burritos as they may be filled with something other than beans, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    You should pass these out with some immigration websites urls on the back. Put up a sign on a table as Matricula Consulars and have information about the dangers of these cards.

Actually this is something similar to what I was thinking about doing. I've made business cards before with my computer. They are easier to manage that a big stack of flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Other than the burrito bandits
    I'm going to watch out for them in the future!!!!!! Coming to a protest near you! We get lots of fingers. Would you call the burrito an OTF? Other Than Finger?

The burrito is just so funny! When Burritos Fly! Coming to a head near you.

Dixie
    The burrito an OTF?

What you say next time the illegals have a protest, we drive by hurling hot dogs at their signs containing massive amounts of mustard, coleslaw, chili, you name it? Just kidding. Just kidding.

John, you're lucky you ate before arriving. I didn't have lunch, was hungry and that burrito was bothering me.

NoIllegalsAllowed, great ID cards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast