Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mama quail & five of her eight babies

In our back yard. Our feather babies:

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How adorable!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are literally about 2 1/2 inches long. And FAST.

Mommy and babies are so busy and love your yard Cute

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    now thats cool; thanks for the pics

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Mommy and babies are so busy and love your yard Cute
    Yes, they never stop. Eating, pecking at the shrubs, and TODAY they found the terra cotta plant saucer filled with water for them. A couple of them couldn't reach the water (it's only about an inch deep) it had evaporated a little. So a one jumped in the saucer, and jumped right back out he didn't want his feet wet. LOL But two brave brothers jumped right in. The other MORE MATURE BABY (lol) sat on the edge like mom and drank. LOL

Not much to see of the yard there but its OK.

You're welcome we need some lighter moments on here at times.

Where are you? I'm in southern california (riverside county) and I've got tons of the little critters around here. They're ADORABLE!!!!

Got a roadrunner too!

Quote Originally Posted by alexz
    Where are you? I'm in southern california (riverside county) and I've got tons of the little critters around here. They're ADORABLE!!!!

Got a roadrunner too!
    We're in northern CA. We live near the redwoods. They go back to the forest to sleep at night. Last year quite a few drowned in my neighbors pond. It's empty this year so many have survived. We were concerned at first because we weren't seeing any and there were sightings of three foxes.

So we're excited to see they are still alive. The other day my husband was going down our street and there was a daddy in the middle of the street. My hubby stopped and the dad just stood there and low and behold five little ones waddled across the street. The dad didn't move and so hubby was confused. Suddenly out of the corner of his eye he could see one more baby just flapping his wings and try to run all at the same time. He finally made it across, then dad walked to the other side with them, and stood and watched my husband drive off. It was a treat. YES, THEY ARE ADORABLE.