Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mexico Annexes Los Angeles ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi Folks,

First post and I'm not sure how often I'll visit the board but suffice it to say I am a strong proponent for the sovereignty of our nation, an advocate of border reform and the proud American daughter of Italian-German immigrants who came to this country decades ago.

This billboard is outrageous. I seriously needed duct tape wrapped around my head to keep it from exploding. I'm not sure who the genius was behind such idiocy but they're finding that the internet is a strong ally for those of us who are totally fed up with this kind of anti-American sentiment.

I found out about this billboard on the Ann Coulter board. So they know and I'll let them know to come on over and read this thread. Then start working.

I contacted the Glenn Beck show with the address to this thread. Beck's trusty producer Stu should do some quick work and perhaps may mention it on the radio. (Who to call, etc.)

Keep up the good fight, people. This issue is only growing stronger and the more who join, the more the politicians will need to sit up and take notice. Otherwise, they're going to be out of a job.

JBJ
    The LA Times has picked up the story:

[quote]Ad Putting L.A. in Mexico Called Slap in Face
    Activists say a billboard touting Channel 62 news promotes illegal immigration. The station says it targets Spanish-speaking viewers.

By Anna Gorman and Susana Enriquez, Times Staff Writers

New billboards advertising a Spanish-language newscast on KRCA-TV Channel 62 were intended as an attention-grabber for its core audience, but instead have struck a nerve with activists seeking to curb illegal immigration.

The billboards show two cable newscasters sitting in front of the downtown skyline, with "Los Angeles, CA" printed above. The "CA" is crossed out, and "Mexico" is stamped alongside in bright red letters. Underneath are the Spanish words, "Tu ciudad. Tu equipo." â€â€

"I think it's irresponsible corporate citizenship to be promoting that type of message," said Daryl Jurbala, communications director for the group. "I don't think it's responsible for anyone to encourage or reward or try to make illegal immigrants feel welcome."

The station's owners said the billboards were not intended to provoke controversy but were simply a way to reach out to the region's Spanish-language viewers and tell them there was a place where they could get news and information relevant to their lives.
    I think that Anna Gorman and Suzanne Enriquez need to pull their heads out of their behinds for writihg this. Responsible citizenship, for Americans, is to protect this nation! That doesn't happen by teaching people that it is a great thing to speak skeighty-eight different languages and encourage people NOT to communicate with one another. I can see why one might be able to pick up a station in a foreign language if one were near the border but it makes me sick to think that American companies broadcast in foreign languages on American soil.

Make immigrants feel welcome???? We have done everything but GIVE them this whole country. I'd say it'about time we stopped welcoming them and start shunning them.

I guess the station's owners who didn't intend to provoke people forgot they were in the USA and not Mexico. Morons!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    From the south, up out of Dillon SC on i-95 and then onto 74/76 and through wilmington on US17 up to Sneads Ferry. US17 snakes you through town but the only street I know the name of is Market St. But the billboard is on the street the numbered streets run off of if that helps.

OK I think it will be on 2nd Street.
    thanks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right on, Melissa--we need to tattle to anyone who'll listen. This is OUTRAGEOUS. I have a friend in LA who says there's a bumper sticker that's very popular there that reads "F you! This is Mexico!"

Once again--this story illustrates what we are bringing into this nation--the Third World and their contempt for the Law.

A NEW DEVELOPMENT .... ... ANYONE FROM CALIFORNIA .. I think some of you posting here said you are.....

A request from William Gheen of ALIPAC... http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-2229.html

We need an ALIPAC supporter that can meet with Carlos Granda of KABC -7 TV in Los Angeles

He needs an interview about the Los Angeles, CA/Mexico Billboard. He can meet you at the billboard at Sherman Way and Woodley or near San Fernando valley. Email WilliamG@alipac.us or call the ALIPAC hotline (1-866-329-3999) if you can meet with Carlos

CALL OR E-MAIL WILLIAM IF YOU MIGHT "QUALIFY"
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

I don't want to be a spoiler here but you are asking someone to take a really big risk to appear on the news. Perhaps if someone could not have their face seen on TV in LA it might be easier to find someone willing to do this. If LA is anything like El Paso (and I believe it is even worse), to speak up in TV is akin to a death wish.

I know that in NC US citizens still outnumber the illegals and their sympathizers. That isn't the case in some parts of this country.

As a proud Chicano who's family has been part of the U.S. since the 1800's I would have no problem expressing my views on TV regarding this billboard and my dislike for it. When I seen it I could not see how crossing out CA and inserting Mexico promoted Illegal Immigration. Had they had words saying something along the lines of, "Illegals this is your Station" then I would say it promoted this type of action.

It is funny I don't see any outrage over Little Siagon in Orange County or Little Armenia in Hollywood where when you walk down the street it feels like you are in a foreign land.

When my father a Nam vet heard of the violence going down in Orange County regarding supporters or the Communist regime and those that opposed it he was sadden beyond belief. His thought was I fought these people and here they are on my soil, how can this be...

I cannot speak for Mexicans on this since I am not Mexican, but as a Chicano I do not like it. For me I want to seal all the borders from illegal immigration not just from Mexico, but Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Believe me there is illegal immigration from all these parts of the world and they have much more haterd for this country then do Mexicans.

Lets attack the real problem of illegal immigration, big business that is making a killing out of this as we Americans lose jobs both here at home and overseas. Thinking Mr. Bush is going to help us is just denial, he will not hurt is buddies in the ivory towers for us. We are the sheeple that are too be used as resources or have you not looked at the sign on your Personal department door....ooppps wait that is Human Resources.

Just a side note no true Chicano wants Mexico to take back the U.S. we look at the Mexican government as a corrupt regime with very close ties to the U.S. regime in DC.

Quoted in the LA Times

We were quoted in the LA Times today in reagrds to the billboard:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... &cset=true

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I don't want to be a spoiler here but you are asking someone to take a really big risk to appear on the news. Perhaps if someone could not have their face seen on TV in LA it might be easier to find someone willing to do this. If LA is anything like El Paso (and I believe it is even worse), to speak up in TV is akin to a death wish.

I know that in NC US citizens still outnumber the illegals and their sympathizers. That isn't the case in some parts of this country.
    Americans need to grow a sack. This is absurd.

Anyone can be a patriot in their bedroom.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast