Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MSU Students on O'Reilly and Tancredo on Hannity

Re: MSU Students on O'Reilly and Tancredo on Hannity

Quote Originally Posted by iamblueman4
    Thank you for the posting. Was police report ever filed ? Was a written compalin ever submitted to MSU ? This outragous conduct violates their polices.

I'm not sure if the police report was filed yet or not. I know a lot of guys at MSU though and I'll post if I hear anything.

MSU ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY

Quote Originally Posted by iamblueman4
    I'm not sure if the police report was filed yet or not. I know a lot of guys at MSU though and I'll post if I hear anything.

Anti-Discrimination Policy

http://link.toolbot.com/msu.edu/25825
    III. UNIVERSITY POLICIES (Cont.)

MSU ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY

The following policy was approved by the Board of Trustees on April 9, 1993 and revised on December 5, 2003.

Article I. Purpose

Michigan State University's scholarly community-building efforts occur within the context of general societal expectations, as embodied in the law. The University, consistent with its policies and governing law, promotes institutional diversity and pluralism through mechanisms such as affirmative action, within an over-arching strategy promoting equitable access to opportunity. The University's commitment to non-discrimination is the foundation for such efforts.

This policy states expectations for institutional and individual conduct. It applies to all University community members, including faculty, staff, students, registered student organizations, student governing bodies, and the University's administrative units, and to the University's contractors in the execution of their University contracts or engagements,1 with respect to the following:

All educational, employment, cultural, and social activities occurring on the University campus;
    University-sponsored programs occurring off-campus, including but not limited to cooperative extension, intercollegiate athletics, lifelong education, and any regularly scheduled classes;
    University housing; and
    Programs and activities sponsored by student governing bodies, including their constituent groups, and by registered student organizations.
    Article II. Prohibited Discrimination
    Unlawful acts of discrimination or harassment are prohibited.

In addition, the University community holds itself to certain standards of conduct more stringent than those mandated by law. Thus, even if not illegal, acts are prohibited under this policy if they:

Discriminate against any University community member(s) through inappropriate limitation2 of employment opportunity3, access to University residential facilities, or participation in educational, athletic, social, cultural, or other University activities on the basis of age, color, gender, disability status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight4; or

Harass any University community member(s) on the basis of age, color, gender, gender identity5, disability status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight.

These prohibitions are not intended to abridge University community members' rights of free expression or other civil rights.
    Article III. Mediation and Adjudication

Mediation of claims and disputes, through consultation provided by offices serving the University, is encouraged6.

Complaints under this policy may be submitted for non-disciplinary adjudication according to the provisions of the "Procedures of the Anti-Discrimination Judicial Board." Upon its review, the ADJB may recommend that appropriate disciplinary proceedings be initiated, if such has not already occurred. Disciplinary proceedings are governed by the documents listed in Appendix A.

Excepting the President and the General Counsel, any University community member may be named in a complaint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPENDIX A

The contracts, policy documents, and procedures listed below provide avenues for the consideration of disciplinary complaints or actions against the various members of the Michigan State University community.

Academic Freedom for Students at Michigan State University

Bylaws of the Medical Staff, Colleges of Human and Osteopathic Medicine: Michigan State University

MSU Extension Service Continuing Employment Policy and Dismissal Hearing Procedure

Dismissal of Tenured Faculty for Cause

Faculty Grievance Procedure

General Grievance Procedure for Non-Unionized Employees

Graduate Student Rights and Responsibilities

Librarian Personnel Handbook of Policies, Procedures, and Practices:
    Michigan State University

Medical Student Rights and Responsibilities

Michigan State University collective bargaining agreements

Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Footnotes:
    1 This policy does not apply to the conduct of a contractor's internal affairs, nor does it apply to the conduct of contractual engagements to which the University is not a party.

2 Limitations are inappropriate if they are not directly related to a legitimate University purpose.

3For purpose of this policy, "employment opportunity" is defined as job access and placement, retention, promotion, professional development, and salary.

4University ordinances, written regulations and policies, and published ADJB decisions approved by the President, provide guidance on the harassing acts prohibited by Section 2 and the discriminatory acts prohibited by Section 2.

5For the purposes of the harassment clause of Article II, the reference to "gender identity" prohibits harassment based on (a) any gender-specific behavior, appearance or expression of an individual that departs from the harasser's expectations for gender-specific behavior, appearance or expression or (b) any change of gender, completed or in process.

6Consultation with one or more of the following may be useful:

the chairperson, director, or dean of the relevant unit,
    supervisory support personnel,
    the Women's Resource Center,
    the Ombudsman,
    the Office of Minority Student Affairs,
    Student Life or Residence Halls Staff,
    Sexual Assault Crisis & Safety Education,
    faculty or staff academic advisors,
    the MSU Counseling Center, and
    the Faculty Grievance Official.
    ============

Next: Procedures of the Anti-Discrimination Judicial Board

Previous: Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination

Index: Faculty Handbook Index

TOC: Faculty Handbook Table of Contents

Magyart, thanks for posting that.

It should also be noted that when MSU Young Americans for Freedom considered doing a "catch and illegal" event, MSU's president condemned the whole thing on her blog. I believe a link to that was posted somewhere here on ALIPAC's site. It will be interesting to see how she reacts to this whole fiasco. For some reason I doubt she'll be blogging about how the leftists gave MSU a bad image and violated its discrimination policy.