Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This seems pretty anti-American to me but what else is new for LA-LA-land. It kinda reminds me of the Confederate Battle Flag flown as the North Carolina State Flag a few years ago. Clearly, it was inappropriate because it offended a large segment of NC's population as well as the whole nation. Consequently it came down under the will of the people. They didn't like it but it was offensive. It wasn't offensive to me because I'm a died-in-the-wool southerner with Civil War roots, but to many it was. It served no purpose but to piss everyone off.

This artwork in LA gets under my skin and I've never been to the LA metro station. I'm sure patriots using that station every day are more offended than I am. Consequently, the city council, Vargas, et al., should meet and determine the will of the people and then carry it out. Failure to do so is precisely what starts wars. It's unnecessary to kill all those Mexican wannabees. We just want the legal ones to behave like US citizens and the illegal aliens to leave. As a postscript, we should make it absolutely clear that it won't be our blood that's spilled if they don't leave.
    '58 Airedale

BATTLE FOR LOS ANGELES: Taxpayer Monument Contains Seperatis

BATTLE FOR LOS ANGELES: Taxpayer Monument Contains Seperatist Language

5/10/2005
    by Joe Turner & William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration & SaveOurState.org
    Topics: MECHA, Reconquista, Baldwin Park, Monument, Offensive Messages, laws, Border, campaigns, illegal immigration
    As Billboard Gate winds down and the Liberman Broadcast group completes the removal of offensive and divisive language from 75 billboards, a new scandal is emerging over a public works monument in Baldwin Park, CA.

The stone monument, created by artist Judith Baca, contains the inscriptions "This land was Mexican once, was Indian always, and is and will be again" and "It was better before THEY came". These inscriptions are insulting to Americans because they reflect the opinions of the Aztlan Reconquista seperatist movement within the rapidly expanding illegal alien community in America.

See SaveOurState.org's release and pictures below

SaveOurState.org has released the following...

Seditious monument language on public property

(Baldwin Park, CA) -
    SaveOurState.org demands that the
    city of Baldwin Park immediately
    remove seditious anti-American
    language (pictures below) from the
    “Danzas Indigenas� monument
    located at the Baldwin Park
    Commuter Rail Station. Taxpayer
    funded and situated on public land,
    the monument promotes the radical
    and militant belief in the
    “reconquista of Aztlan.� One
    passage on the monument laments
    the presence of whites in America
    by stating, “It was better before
    they came.� The most offensive
    passage is a quote from Gloria
    Anzaldua, which reads:

“This land was Mexican once,
    was Indian always
    and is,
    And will be again.�

Californians are tired of radical
    revisionist history and militant
    separatist rhetoric calling for the
    return of the Southwestern United
    States to Mexico as proclaimed by
    radical organizations like
    Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de
    Aztlan (MEChA). SaveOurState.org
    proudly stands in opposition to this
    propaganda.

Californians are tired of watching
    their communities turn into Third
    World cesspools as a result of a
    massive invasion of illegal aliens.
    Joseph Turner, Executive Director of
    SaveOurState.org responds:

“This divisive monument is funded
    by our tax dollars and we will not
    tolerate its anti-American
    message. This is not art. This is
    not freedom of expression. This is
    government-sanctioned sedition.
    This is our land. This is our fight.�

We call upon the city of Baldwin
    Park to voluntarily remove these
    offensive passages by Friday, July
    1st, in advance of the American
    Independence weekend. This will
    clearly demonstrate their
    commitment to America and their
    disapproval of treasonous
    sentiments. If this situation is not
    remedied, SaveOurState.org will
    take additional steps to ensure that
    the passages are removed.

UP ON THE ALIPAC HOMEPAGE WITH A LINK INTO THIS DISCUSSION

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=397
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Again and again, the seperatists running this nation (and running it into the ground) promote an ambiguous sense of racism; from the illegals to the cityizens, and vice versa, while nothing in particular needs to be said.

as Americans, it's our responsibility to destroy the myth of racism; fact is, alot of stereotypes exist b/c they have been known to be, GENERALLY SPEAKING, true. And you know what? People will admit that their particular culture is a tad heavy on (sterotype A) or (stereotype B). and this, this admittance of stereotypes, can help UNITE all Americans, as it is something ALL cultures have in common.

We must not let our minds be rammed full of hatred, fear and misunderstanding. That allows those in power to conquer, as we divide ourselves with absurd hypersensitivity and political correctness.

Keep it up, ALIPAC soldiers. We can bring our nation to a great place with the right amount of brains and heart.

Matt

Matt

Pictures

For some reason, I can't open the pictures of the monument. Maybe it's just as well because I really would prefer not to have to throw up right now!!

If we in North Carolina don't keep everlastingly at it, we are going to be just like California in a VERY short time. ALIPAC is doing a remarkable job and we aren't going to get in that position. It's really sad that California has just been destroyed by this ILLEGAL immigrant problem.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

MONUMENT

I went to the SaveOurState website and forced myself to look at the utterly offensive monument and I'm sorry to say that I had the exact reaction that I anticipated! EXCUSE ME WHILE I THROW UP! This is just the height of unmitigated gall. How in the world do they get away with that? I just can't believe that the City commissioned that piece of junk. Maybe they deserve what they got???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The pictures in this thread seem to be working now. I don't know if one of our moderators fixed it or not. The site that has the pictures went down for a few hours.

Please email me if they pictures go down again.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pictures

It must be my computer. I still can't open them. Don't worry. I saw them on the website. Thanks for checking.

Diesel

Well spoken Tom2. I am ready to open up a can if you are. Americans
    deserve better than to have their country invaded by a smart alec group
    of people who are too afraid to talk that way in their own country, and they are close enough to home to walk back, now how bad is that.
    They ready to fight, lets get it on.

I just sent a email to the Baldwin Park officials and wanted to post their email addresses for anyone else that would like to do the same:

Mayor: Manuel Lozano
    626-813-5201
    mlozano@baldwinpark.com

Council Member: Bill Van Cleave
    626-337-4601
    bvancleave@baldwinpark.com

Council Member: Marlen Garcia
    626-813-5201
    mgarcia2@baldwinpark.com

Mayor Pro Tem: Ricardo Pacheco
    626-813-5201
    rpacheco@baldwinpark.com

Council Member: David Olivas
    626-813-5201
    dolivas@baldwinpark.com

I think my letter was polite and I hope specific enough. I'll post any responses I get.

Dear Sir,

I am aware that your community proudly built the “Danzas Indigenas� monument located at the Baldwin Park Commuter Rail Station.

Because the inscriptions on the monument very closely resemble the radical tenets of the "Reconquista de Aztlan" movement, I wanted to inquire what your personal beliefs were regarding Reconquista.

The monument sits on public land, and I'm assuming was paid for with taxpayer funds. Therefore I request a personal response as to the verity of these inscribed statements and your official position on the same:

“This land was Mexican once,
    was Indian always
    and is,
    And will be again.�

“It was better before they came.�

I understand that your community has a mestizo heritage that you are proud of. I have never been opposed to people honoring their heritage. But I'm concerned about the latent threat implied in the first quote (echoed stridently throughout the Reconquista movement and groups like MECHa); and the bitter regret and discontent sown into the second quote.

Specifically, as to the first quote "This land was Mexican once...and will be again.": do you personally advocate the "retaking" of the Southwestern U.S. for Mexico, or alternatively the establishment of Aztlan? What, specifically, does this quote mean to YOU?

I look forward to your thoughtful response to my letter.

Thank you,

Heidi H Thiess
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

SaveOurState's Joe Turner was interviewed by KCBS today, and the segment was aired in the 2:00 p.m. hour.

Here are some still shots from the interview:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast