Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State Rep. Galloway clashes with contractors

PA E-Verify sponsor confronts construction contractor suspected of employing illegal aliens over unemployed Pennsylvanians
    watch this video!

If you have time, please leave your comments at the end of the original article, featured in the Intelligencer newspaper. Please consider sharing this with your contact lists and posting this on Facebook and any other social media that you frequent. Thank you!

On the same day that he learned his "E-Verify" legislation was dead, state Rep. John Galloway clashed with a contractor at Firestone's construction site at Tullytown's Levittown Town Center.

Acting on a tip, Galloway walked onto the job site and asked for proof that laborers with Connecticut-based subcontractor Renzella Masonry LLC could legally work in the U.S.

He got none. What he got was a profane earful from a supervisor with the general contracting firm, Allentown's ECS Construction Management Inc.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/t ... ors-1.html

A reasonable man,who has nothing to hide, would be open and willing to prove it.

Where is PA Department of Taxation and Revenue?

I am sure that the state would be interested to know if employment TAXES are being paid on the workers and if they are covered by workman's comp.

UPDATE

Cops Called As Lawmaker Films Job Site
    State Rep. Was Told Illegal Workers Were At Site
    Updated: Friday, 15 Oct 2010, 6:20 AM EDT

BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. - The debate over illegal immigration hasn't exactly been calm or polite, but it may be reaching new lows in this video.

The state lawmaker who shot the footage on his cell phone had just found out that his pet project had collapsed in Harrisburg after three long years.

State Rep. John T. Galloway (D-140) had been pushing for a law to require employers in Pennsylvania to use E-Verify, the federal government's online system that verifies a worker's Social Security number.

When his bill died, Galloway decided to go to a construction site near his Bucks County home to do some verification of his own.

And that's when the construction foreman called the cops.

"Listen, stop, OK? Please turn that off," the foreman can be heard saying before turning back to his call to police.

"I'm a state representative," Galloway answers.

"Well then show some f------ ID!" the foreman retorts, adding one more swear before continuing, "all right? Don't come here -- you show some ID. I asked you to leave the site. That's nothing. I don't care, 'House of Representatives.' Get off the site!"

The foreman then turns back to the phone call, saying, "Please send an officer right away."

"Go ahead," Galloway says.

"It's right next to the Home Depot and the Firestone," the foreman tells the dispatcher.

"Go ahead," Galloway says again.

"I've got a man trespassing, taking pictures," the foreman tells police.

"Are there illegals working on this site?" Galloway asks as the foreman continues talking to police. " Do they have papers? Does that man right there have papers? Are you going to answer me or not!"

Police officers did show up, but no one was arrested. It turns out that a former worker on the project told Galloway that some of the workers at the job site near Route 13 in Tullytown were in the country illegally.

Galloway did not have the authority to go looking for proof, so he has now asked Immigration and Customs Enforcement to investigate.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/loc ... ion_101510
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn