Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    "US police as dangerous as criminals"

I think the title of this thread is inappropriate. As I said before, there are bad apples in any organization. Cops deserve a lot more respect than they are given by some people.
    I disagree the title is fine.Like old guy said im going to tell my age now in my younger years cops were your friends they would sit and talk with you even as teanagers when we would go to McDonalds hang out in the back of the lot cops woulg come and talk with us but when younger cops came onboard things changed they would come in looking for an argument just to show us how was in charge.Cops now days are a different breed its look at me look what i can do im the law.Like in the military officers had to earn respect cops need to earn it before they recieve it and most of them dont know how to earn it.Its all about the athority figure.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    the cops I know are good guys... however there are a few that are out there and I think its from abusing steriods

the guys are massive; and didnt use to be; now they are all but out of control

I blame it on stress and steroid use as well as the bad apples in the bunch
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    the cops I know are good guys... however there are a few that are out there and I think its from abusing steroids.
    "Steroids what a great way to start the day!"

Anyone using steroids have more unclaimed baggage then the airport!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    The standards are not as high as they used to be. As in a lot of other areas , requirements have been relaxed. Many departments no longer require any college education at all. Protect and serve was not just a motto, it was the reason people did the job. Today it is a justification to carry a weapon and throw your weight around. Not all are like that , but many are. I live in a town of 5000 people and we have 14 cops, of which not a one would make it on a major police force. It's Mayberry with 14 Barney's that all rode the short bus. Their favorite time spent is hiding behind bushes and catching someone doing 5 miles over the speed limit and eating burgers at McDonalds. Need a crime investigated or someone arrested , might as well do it yourself. Lucky for me I live outside the city limits and the Sheriffs Dept is responsible. I will say Denton Co. Sheriffs Dept is Good. You call and they will come. Had a guy show up a three am with a tire iron and try and break into my house. Did not turn out as well as he had planned. They came and brought an ambulance for him. Every time I see one now they always are very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by dsprtt
    The standards are not as high as they used to be. As in a lot of other areas , requirements have been relaxed. Many departments no longer require any college education at all. Protect and serve was not just a motto, it was the reason people did the job. Today it is a justification to carry a weapon and throw your weight around. Not all are like that , but many are. I live in a town of 5000 people and we have 14 cops, of which not a one would make it on a major police force. It's Mayberry with 14 Barney's that all rode the short bus. Their favorite time spent is hiding behind bushes and catching someone doing 5 miles over the speed limit and eating burgers at McDonalds. Need a crime investigated or someone arrested , might as well do it yourself. Lucky for me I live outside the city limits and the Sheriffs Dept is responsible. I will say Denton Co. Sheriffs Dept is Good. You call and they will come. Had a guy show up a three am with a tire iron and try and break into my house. Did not turn out as well as he had planned. They came and brought an ambulance for him. Every time I see one now they always are very friendly.

The standards aren't high in any thing especially if it is connected to the government..

Kathyet

I wonder if the cop was 5'2, 120 lbs, and couldn't handle a bag of Potatoes? Maybe stop hiring their buddies, and utilizing nepotism.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12