Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VIDEO: ORWELL CINEMA: LIVING IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND

[b]

ORWELL CINEMA: LIVING IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND

Sixty years after George Orwell warned of the dangers of Big Brother, surveillance cameras are everywhere, the government listens in on our telephone calls and reads our email, political correctness has run amok and hate crime legislation punishes thoughts. In this week’s vodcast, John W. Whitehead shines the spotlight on 10 films that depict the dangers of “loving Big Brother.â€

I've never seen THX 1138. I will fix that as I am a futuristic sci fi collector.

Im a huge Blade Runner fan and I noticed that the music playing softly in the background is from the soundtrack of the movie Escape from New York.

I thought that V for Vendetta stank and was just another propaganda film where all the bad guys are evil white males and the heroes are supposed to be the ones down and hip with the left fringes.

Children of Men also sucked.

I am a connoisseur of dystopian futuristic sci-fi and both V and Children of Men were both movies destroyed by the heavy insertion of radical left politics. In Children of Men, the evil over powerful government run by white men abuses illegal immigrants in a way rivaling Nazi Germany. The politics of the far left, aimed at our minds and the minds of our children under the guise of entertainment are too prevalent in both these films and ruined their value in my opinion.

I've never heard much about Land of the Blind.

I was really surprised that this guy left out Mintority Report due to the relevance of the biometric ID in a corporation dominated corporate society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbVD5hlddk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRr72lS3 ... re=related

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Orwell crafted some really terrific quotes. Here is a sampling I keep on disk just for fun and an occasional post here and there -

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.

For a creative writer possession of the "truth" is less important than emotional sincerity.

In our time political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible.

The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns, as it were, instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish squirting out ink.

To a surprising extent the war-lords in shining armour, the apostles of martial virtues, tend not to die fighting when the time comes. History is full of ignominious getaways by the great and famous.

Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.

All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.

Many people genuinely do not want to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings.

No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer.

Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious.

The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them.

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)