Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

34% of WND readers not voting for McCain or Obama

34% of readers not voting for McCain or Obama
    WND Poll of more than 3,500 shows broad disenchantment with choice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: August 17, 2008
    8:18 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Asked what they thought about WND Editor Joseph Farah's plan to reject both John McCain and Barack Obama Nov. 4, a stunning 43 percent of more than 4,000 participants in an unscientific, online poll indicted they agreed.

Farah, author of the new book, "None of the Above: Why 2008 Is the Year to Cast the Ultimate Protest Vote," says this is one more indication of broad disenchantment with the electoral choice the major parties have provided Americans.

"I think all the experts are in for a big shock this year," says Farah. "This is not just another presidential election year. This is a year of revolt. This is a year of grass-roots rebellion. Because this movement is happening spontaneously, without any leaders, the media and even the campaigns have been slow to recognize the extent of the disgust and revulsion voters are feeling. I know one of these two candidates is going to win, but the real story of this election may end up being the way so many Americans say, 'No thank you, none of the above.'"

Even among those who expressed a pro-McCain position, 30 percent of the total vote – the top answer in the poll – was for the choice: "I am not crazy about our choice, but I will hold my nose and vote for McCain." Another 10 percent said they "have reservations about both major-party candidates," but lean toward McCain.

Only 2 percent chose the response: "McCain will be a great president" while another 2 percent said they would "run to the polls enthusiastically to vote for McCain." Another 1 percent said they "don't see anything wrong with McCain."

Obama supporters did not add up to 1 percent in the poll.

Readers can still take part in the poll.

Tomorrow, WND will release the results of a scientific national survey it commissioned by Zogby International with the purpose of gauging voter discontent. Farah describes the results of that survey as "far more stunning and far more persuasive than this anecdotal poll." Farah will simultaneously make those results available live on Michael Savage's nationally syndicated radio show and on WND.

Unlike any other scientific poll conducted in 2008, this survey asked randomly selected respondents about their level of enthusiasm for presidential candidates and offered the actual alternatives to the major party candidates that will appear on most ballots across the country – as well as the option of simply not voting.

Zogby International conducted the telephone poll for WND between Aug. 7 and Aug. 10, asking 25 questions of 1,205 adults, 93 percent of whom were registered voters. Of the total, 446, or 37 percent, said they were Democrats, while 422, or 35 percent, said they were Republicans. Independents totaled 301 or 25 percent, while 36, or 3 percent, declined to state their party preference. The scientific poll has a margin of error between 2.9 percentage points.
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=72639
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SO WHO IS THE THIRD PARTY RUNNING THAT WILL LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES?

WE NEED TO LIST AND START TALKING ABOUT THEM, TOO.

NOT MUCH TO NOTHING IS IN THE NEWS DAILY ON THE THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES.

MAYBE WE COULD HAVE A THIRD PARTY CONVENTION AND WINNER BE OUR PERSON IN THE RACE.

ALL THIRD PARTIES AND INDEPENDENTS NEED TO PULL TOGETHER.

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT WE THE PEOPLE COULD MAKE OUR VOTE COUNT, FINALLY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I REFUSE with every bone in my body to vote for EITHER of these two Nut Cases

More and more it seems as if the Democrates are Thieves, Liers and Communist to the core

and the Rupublicans are Liers and just take what they take while BOMBing the Shit out of weaker countries to eventually steal they're wealth as well... then convince you we bombed people out of compassion, for their own well being... also fascist as hell lately

they dont even skim from the top anymore... they steal right in front of you and tell you it's the law and that you didnt see what you thought you saw

It's time for the Tea Party it's time for the trials to begin

Kick out every Incombant unless YOU KNOW they support your values

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    We have 4 good candidates and they need to pull together on this one and it would be a landslide

Chuck Baldwin for President
    Bob Barr as his VP
    Sec. of State Ralph Nader
    Ron Paul in charge of the Treasury
    Sherriff Arripio (Spelling) Department of Homeland Security

I am a strong Ron Paul Supporter because of his backing the constitution, but so do the other three (The only man I trust) that has the knowlege and honesty to do so and run the Federal Reserve is THIS MAN. Because he is a Patriot I think he would gladly step into this roll to save the country financially

United We Stand; Divided we Fall HARD

What do you think of WND Editor Joseph Farah's plan to reject both McCain and Obama? (5831 votes)

I am not crazy about our choice, but I will hold my nose and vote for McCain 29% (1716)

I'm with him. I'm voting for a third-party candidate 22% (1298)

I have reservations about both major-party candidates, but I lean toward McCain 12% (673)

I'm with him. I'm writing in my choice 10% (57

I like Farah's line -- it's McCain pain or Obama trauma. Some choice 5% (281)

I'm with him. I'm not voting at all for president 5% (263)

I don't like either very much, but voting for anyone else is a waste of a vote 4% (219)

Doesn't Farah get it? You always have to vote for the lesser of two evils 4% (214)

I will run to the polls enthusiastically to vote for McCain 3% (18

He's crazy. McCain will be a great president 3% (160)

Other 2% (111)

I don't see anything wrong with McCain 1% (81)

I will run to the polls enthusiastically to vote for Obama 0% (15)

He's crazy. Obama will be a great president 0% (13)

I have reservations about both major-party candidates, but I lean toward Obama 0% (13)

I am going to hold my nose and vote for Obama 0% (7)

I don't see anything wrong with Obama 0% (1)
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)