Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona:KPHO Poll On Churches involvement With Illegals

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link for the poll.

Do you think the Good Shepherd of the Hills Episcopal Church in Cave Creek should continue to allow undocumented workers to gather and solicit work?

Choice Votes Percentage of 972 Votes

No, I would support an ordinance that cracks down on loitering and solicitation. 860 88%

Yes, it's a successful, seven-year operation matching up to 50 laborers with employers every day. 89 9%

I have not yet formed an opinion.

http://www.kpho.com/index.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Voted !!

Do you think the Good Shepherd of the Hills Episcopal Church in Cave Creek should continue to allow undocumented workers to gather and solicit work?

Choice Votes Percentage of 1220 Votes

No, I would support an ordinance that cracks down on loitering and solicitation. 1085 89%

Yes, it's a successful, seven-year operation matching up to 50 laborers with employers every day. 108 9%

I have not yet formed an opinion. 27 2%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Following the lead at the bottom of the results page takes me to...

http://www.kpho.com/news/13527163/detail.html

Employer Sanctions Proposal Reaches Critical Point

A three-year push for Arizona to punish businesses that hire illegal immigrants reaches a critical point this week.

The Legislature is scrambling to finish its business for the year and struggling to create new hiring rules.

Lawmakers face additional pressure to create employer sanctions because advocates for tougher immigration enforcement are threatening to bypass the Legislature by bringing a stricter proposal straight to voters.

While some lawmakers and businesses are loath to endorse the proposed punishments, they know constitutional protections restrict the Legislature's ability to change voter-approved laws.

Advocates for tougher border enforcement say state-imposed employer sanctions are needed because the federal government has failed to adequately enforce a federal law that already prohibits employers from intentionally hiring illegal immigrants.

Opponents question the state's legal authority to regulate immigration and said the proposal now being considered by the Legislature would weaken Arizona's business climate.
    Let's hope they can make it.