Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Article: Poll: immigration pushing near top of public concer

Poll: immigration pushing near top of public concerns

/9/2006 2:26 PM
    By: Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- People are now about as likely to mention immigration as the economy when they are asked to name the most important problem facing the United States.

Though both rank behind war in Iraq and elsewhere, according to a new AP-Ipsos poll.

Immigration's rise in the latest survey about the nation's top problems suggests the public is keeping close watch on the immigration debate in Congress and reaction around the country.

Efforts in the Senate to pass sweeping immigration legislation faltered Friday.

It leaves in doubt the prospects for passage of a measure that offered the hope of citizenship to millions of men, women and children living in the United States illegally.

More than 11 million illegal immigrants are believed to be in this country now -- with thousands more coming in all the time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Finally maybe Mr. and Mrs. America will wake up!

I think it's about 8,000 per day invading across our southern border, isn't it?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I think in general it's finally become a topic they are allowed to express concerns about.Thanks to all the marches. It's not a figment of your imagination, it's not just in your area or just at the border, or just at your kids school and all the rest. It's here, there, and everywhere!!! In every nook and cranny of our lives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    It's here, there, and everywhere!!! In every nook and cranny of our lives.
    You're darn right! It affects practically every aspect of our daily lives! And the bonehead politicians and media sit there and scratch their heads wondering why it's such an emotionaly charged issue for people. DUH!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Finally maybe Mr. and Mrs. America will wake up!

I think it's about 8,000 per day invading across our southern border, isn't it?
    I listened to a show the other day( minuteman patrol update), and the guy speaking said a low estimate right now was 16,000 per day!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

So every day we sit here and debate about how to fix the problem, we get invaded by another 16,000. How nice.

Wait a minute. . . 16,000 x 30 = 480,000 a month!! Can that daily figure be right? Is that an average daily figure or is that an unusual figure due to recent circumstances?

I think that the "hint" of possible amnesty made the numbers of illegals crossing our borders go up dramatically. Can someone here help me find the link to that update? It was here on the board a couple weeks ago but I can't seem to find it now
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Has the major media outlets even dared mention this? NO. I think not. Lou Dobbs needs to do something on this, if no one else.........

From the information have gotten. Was when they started border watch April, where before they were seeing groups of 10 to 30 once a night. Once all this Guestworker (Amnesty) was started in senate they started seeing groups in the hundreds.

Well maybe I will see a little action when I go to the border this week. I will inform you when I get back

480,000 a month is probably right because late last year Border Patrol told Shawn Hannity that 5,000,000 a year are coming in.

480,000 x 12 = 5,760,000 per year.

Take 5,000,000 x 5 years = 25,000,000 just since Bush has been President.

Add that to the 10,000,000 Pinto Bean found in his US Census data and that's 35,000,000 plus their Anchor Babies.

There's 50,000,000 almost any way you want to count it including their offspring.

I've yet to see one without a small child or two or three or four!!

What about you?

Seal those borders and start deporting.

There is no way we can allow this to continue.

It is absolute total Madness.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn